Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably going to come out as a really stupid question, but oh well.

I was wondering how much I needed to be feeding Josie because she always acts like she's starved to death. I feed her twice a day, but she scarfs it down incredibly fast and acts like she'd eat more if I'd give it to her.

I'm feeding her Royal Canin's Sensible Choice Puppy with Chicken Meal & Rice. According to the feeding chart on the back of the bag, with her age and weight I should feed her 1/3-1/2 cup. Does that mean I should feed her that much in a 24-hour time period or that that's how much she should be fed during each feeding? I don't want her to be overweight, but I don't want to starve her either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :wave:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Actually its the daily amounts not each feeding thats what the directions say.My Pearl also eats fast and could be eating out of her bowl all day if i let her.how old is she if she is under a year usually chis will eat three times a day.my older chi started eating twice a day when she was a year old.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Your siggy says she's 3 months old. If that is correct she should still be eating 3 times a day.
But really at 3 months she's still growning and if she's hungry you should feed her.
What's on the bag is a guide, it's not set in stone. All dogs are different just like people are different and eat different amounts.

There is no need to worry about her getting over weight until she's a year old.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, she's just a tad over three weeks right now. So, according to the chart that I posted at the beginning, should I give her 1/2 cup three times a day or three feedings that equal 1/2 cup (or a bit more)? I know that the chart isn't "set in stone", but it serves as a nice ballpark figure. Thanks for the help. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts