Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be great to keep this going. I found it was a great way to keep track of variety & in the other thread I was more apt to mix it up a bit more when I could go back & see what the crew had eaten the past few days. Anyway, feel free to join in...or not. :)

a.m. meal- pork and beef heart

p.m. meal- whole ground quail **including feathers**

extra- a sprinkle of Nupro

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I saved the heart and liver from our Thanksgiving turkey for the chis. :)
a.m. Turkey heart & ground lamb :)
p.m. Turkey liver & rabbit chunks :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saved the heart and liver from our Thanksgiving turkey for the chis. :)
a.m. Turkey heart & ground lamb :)
p.m. Turkey liver & rabbit chunks :)

Score for your pups! Mine split the turkey neck yesterday. I uhm, accidentally cooked the other giblets in the turkey otherwise they would have eaten those too. bahahaha! My first turkey & I did search for them but couldn't find anything other than the neck! Hubby found the little bag as he was cutting off all the extra meat last night. Dunce much!? ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
LOL Heather!! Sometimes they really push that bag up, clear up inside by the neck!!! I don't know why they do that.

a.m. teaspoon of canned tripe and nupro
p.m. one ounce each of bison liver and kidney and a one ounce slice of pork lung

OH..... yesterday I gave Brody about 10 kibbles from the sample of Nutrisca I got. He skipped dinner in the afternoon. I think the kibble swelled in his tummy and he wasn't hungry. Well last night I heard him whine at 4am. Let him out and he pooped, then drank a ton of water!!! This morning he had another poop and it was LARGE. Then about noon he pooped AGAIN!! Another large one. Can't believe all of that from one meal of kibble. Wow.

I'm glad to have his organs this afternoon and get back to his little raw poops tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The neck was right handy...& I stuck my hand way up there & felt nothing but meat. LOL Next time I guess I'll know better. haha

Wow, I can't believe how much that little bit of kibble made him poop. It was solid though right? I'd be so afraid we'd get massive diarrhea from kibble now! We did give bits of left over EVO as a treat until Mari's episode when Ivy gave her too much & then I fed her a raw meal resulting in BAD diarrhea for 2 days. Then I just fed it to my outdoor cats. LOL I don't blame you for being anxious to get raw poos back! ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The neck was right handy...& I stuck my hand way up there & felt nothing but meat. LOL Next time I guess I'll know better. haha

Wow, I can't believe how much that little bit of kibble made him poop. It was solid though right? I'd be so afraid we'd get massive diarrhea from kibble now! We did give bits of left over EVO as a treat until Mari's episode when Ivy gave her too much & then I fed her a raw meal resulting in BAD diarrhea for 2 days. Then I just fed it to my outdoor cats. LOL I don't blame you for being anxious to get raw poos back! ;)
Yes, it was solid BUT it was HUGE. Like he normally has a tiny little firm tootsie roll and this was like a twizzler!!! HA HA!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Score for your pups! Mine split the turkey neck yesterday. I uhm, accidentally cooked the other giblets in the turkey otherwise they would have eaten those too. bahahaha! My first turkey & I did search for them but couldn't find anything other than the neck! Hubby found the little bag as he was cutting off all the extra meat last night. Dunce much!? ;)
Haha! Heather don't feel to bad, I've done the same thing! I have even accidentally cooked my turkey UPSIDE DOWN! When the turkey was done I took it out of the oven and my mom and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with it! We finally figured it out. I have never lived that one down. Lmao!

LOL Heather!! Sometimes they really push that bag up, clear up inside by the neck!!! I don't know why they do that.

a.m. teaspoon of canned tripe and nupro
p.m. one ounce each of bison liver and kidney and a one ounce slice of pork lung

OH..... yesterday I gave Brody about 10 kibbles from the sample of Nutrisca I got. He skipped dinner in the afternoon. I think the kibble swelled in his tummy and he wasn't hungry. Well last night I heard him whine at 4am. Let him out and he pooped, then drank a ton of water!!! This morning he had another poop and it was LARGE. Then about noon he pooped AGAIN!! Another large one. Can't believe all of that from one meal of kibble. Wow.

I'm glad to have his organs this afternoon and get back to his little raw poops tomorrow!
Aw, poor Brody! He will be back to his old self quickly. It's shocking what happens to raw fed dogs if they get some kibble. They're tummies just aren't use to it.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
AM meal: Nature's Variety Pre-Made raw patties/ground beef (the patties are too bone heavy for my crew plus I like adding in nice fresh meat :D), beef liver

PM meal: turkey neck, turkey heart, turkey liver...yum yum. They also got given quite a bit of leftover cooked turkey from grandpa ha ha.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
AM meal - Ox Heart
PM - Lamb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
a.m. chunk of lamb
p.m. bison kidney and liver and a chicken wing tip

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a.m. meal- either beef or pork heart, a bit of whole ground quail, some cooked ground beef & a pinch of Nupro

p.m. meal- whole ground turkey meat, bone & organ

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
AM meal: THK & ground beef/nupro/anchovy oil

PM meal: ground turkey/nupro/salmon oil/beef liver

Yesterday was very bone heavy b'c the turkey neck so no bone today, hopefully they handle it alright.

·
Registered
923 Posts
(What happened to the old daily food thread? Just too big?)

AM- Deer meat
PM- Quail (legs & breast/ribs sections)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
(What happened to the old daily food thread? Just too big?)
Haha, it was REALLY long but mostly I was too lazy to go find it since it hadn't been posted on it a bit. I figured it would be good to start with a fresh thread. :lol:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts