Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today we took Dillon to the vets to see if he is developed enough to be neutered.
He just saw the nurse, she said they like to wait till they are at least 6 months, although he is pretty delveloped.
So instead she suggested to just go ahead and spay Daisy before her next season.
I was planning to wait till January time for her, but this will make things easier i guess.
Am so nervous though because of her background.
She goes in at 9.30 on Tuesday for the pre blood work and tests to make sure she is ok, and if she is, then they will just keep her in for the op.
I will be a wreck am sure, cause she is over 3 years old and had problems with her C section from before she came to me.

Keep everything crossed for her please.

Dillon has another month's grace at least, which am sure he will be happy about. lol xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think you are doing the right thing Terri. I bet Daisy will come through with flying colors! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Your Vet knows her history and you are getting the pre- blood work done--both should give you peace of mind.
I'll be thinking of you and Daisy on Tuesday.
Please keep us posted :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Brilliant terri she will be fine I'm sure but feel free to panic I'll do it for you too!! And Dillon your balls come off next month matey!!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, we'll be thinking of her but I bet she'll pull through just fine! I'm sure you'll sigh a huge relief after it's done as well.... Good luck Daisy!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you are doing the right thing Terri. I bet Daisy will come through with flying colors! Keep us posted.
Thanks Tracy, yeah i know it's for the best. xx

Your Vet knows her history and you are getting the pre- blood work done--both should give you peace of mind.
I'll be thinking of you and Daisy on Tuesday.
Please keep us posted :)
Thanks Therese.
It isnt my own vet doing it cause he doesnt do these ops anymore due to having a stroke a while back, but this vet did Darla's though, and she did great!
They do internal stitching, which is so much quicker to heal it seems.
Hoping it goes as smoothly for Daisy. xx

Brilliant terri she will be fine I'm sure but feel free to panic I'll do it for you too!! And Dillon your balls come off next month matey!!!
Thanks Sarah.
Oh i will be panicin dont worry. lol
Yes Dillon has only saved his wee berries for now. :) x

Aww, we'll be thinking of her but I bet she'll pull through just fine! I'm sure you'll sigh a huge relief after it's done as well.... Good luck Daisy!
Thanks Heather, yes i will be so relieved when it's all done and have nothing to worry about. xx

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
She will be fine,we all worry i know i did hated the idea but all turned out fine.We are here for you when the time comes.Get a baby grow,cut the legs out incase she has to wear one of the collars,i got one for Lily but ended up using it once as she never bothered about her stitches.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I know how you feel Terri. For me it was harder going through it with the girls.
Stella was older and that was very difficult, but then Lola seemed so young and tiny, that was difficult too.

Nothing better than having it done, and them back home on your lap.
It won't be long.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Michele, the baby grow might be a good idea.
No sure what size to get though, she is just over 5lbs. lol x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I know just how you feel Terri, but I know she will be just fine, hun. Will be thinking of you and sweet little Daisy come Tuesday. It'll be over before you know it and she'll be back home with you. :) xx

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know how you feel Terri. For me it was harder going through it with the girls.
Stella was older and that was very difficult, but then Lola seemed so young and tiny, that was difficult too.

Nothing better than having it done, and them back home on your lap.
It won't be long.
Thanks Alan, yeah i am worrying cause she is a bit older too.
Just be glad when it's over. x

I know just how you feel Terri, but I know she will be just fine, hun. Will be thinking of you and sweet little Daisy come Tuesday. It'll be over before you know it and she'll be back home with you. :) xx
Thanks Paula. xx

Awww....I'm sure she will be fine, keep us posted.
Thanks, will defo keep you all posted. xx

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
She will do fine Hon.
Its a wonderful gift you are giving her.
(((((((((Good vibes)))))))))) for you & Daisy!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Good luck sweet Daisy!
Terri I'm sure she will be okay, but I understand the anxiety.
We're all here for you! :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She will do just fine :) I had gotten a babygrow/onesie at a rummage sale and had it all ready for Leila, and never even used it. She never touched her incision once.
Thanks.
Yeah Darla didnt go near the area at all, so hopefully Daisy wil be the same, and Dillon will leave her be too. :) x
Good luck sweet Daisy!
Terri I'm sure she will be okay, but I understand the anxiety.
We're all here for you! :)
Thanks Lisa, that means a lot. xx

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had to change the appointment to Thursday now cause OH cant come through to take us till then.
2 extra days to get my knickers in a knot over it, great! lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts