Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really really nervous for her. We are bringing her in at 8:30AM and she will be coming home in the late afternoon if all goes well. I'm really not sure what to expect when she is home with us.

How did your chis feel after getting fixed?

P.S. Update about her eye. It went back to normal the same evening. But man was I scared!!! Eek!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm sure that Daisy will do great! The only side affects that Molly had was the 1 time when she vomited (it was a day after the surgery and I think that she just wanted to clean herself out from the anestesia but aside from that Molly recovered great and I'm sure that Daisy will too . Anyway Molly and I will keep Daisy in our thoughts. Hope all goes well and we will be looking for updates! :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm sure everything will go just fine. Your little Daisy is a sweet and pretty little Chi!!! :D I'm thinking about having Chloe spayed also, just dreading it......keep us posted on Monday. :)

sandra

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Just remember her first meal when you bring her home should only be about 1/3 of her normal meal. The anesthesia tends to make them throw up, so don't over feed!
If that stays down, then return to normal for the next meal. If not, just give 1/3 again.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i posted this on the other board for callie's spay........

as horrible as it may seem, keep the e-collar on her. it's only for a few days and so worth worrying about if she is bothering her suture site. it's procedure at our practice to keep it on them and send them home with it on. we advise to keep it on unless you will be there petting her or watching her like a hawk. some dog's don't even mess with the sutures ite but others can and will tear the stitches out. also just make sure you keep it dry. as for the ointment and sprays some of them are very tastey to some dogs or they sting going on due to some of the ingredients that are in them. and don't freak if she vomits after coming home, it's from the anesthesia, only worry if she vomits a lot for more than a day and she isn't eating or drinking. then call the vet he may want to give her some pepcid and subcue fluids....

and remember it is a very routine surgery. if i counted how many spays we do a month you would be surprised

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daisy is home now, and I am so relieved everything went well!! She is pretty doped up, sleeping in her bed.. poor girl. She hasn't thrown up yet, but she didn't want any water when we brought her home. Hopefully she feels better soon!

P.S. I also found out she has an ear infection.. so they gave me antibiotics for that. I can't believe I didn't even know! :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw, sleeping beauty. glad to hear she did well. sorry to hear about the ear infection, but don't beat yourself up over it. in some dogs it's really ahrd to tell anything is wrong with them cause they don't show signs of pain or problems, it's the trained eye that catches it cause it's looked for :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am glad daisy is over the operation...I will have to go thru that with Poppy in 2 months time and dread it too. Hugs from us :) :wave:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear your pup is doing well. It was not fun for my little Savannah either. She came home and every time I laid down on the couch she would come lay on top of me and let out a groan when she did. Poor baby! Afterwards, for a few days. she seemed to have a problem with bladder control. The doctor said it was normal and was probably due to some swelling, but you may experience this also. Just a heads up!

steph

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear your pup is doing well. It was not fun for my little Savannah either. She came home and every time I laid down on the couch she would come lay on top of me and let out a groan when she did. Poor baby! Afterwards, for a few days. she seemed to have a problem with bladder control. The doctor said it was normal and was probably due to some swelling, but you may experience this also. Just a heads up!

steph

1 - 15 of 15 Posts