Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been planning for a while to get Daisy insured, as I am so paranoid about her skinny little legs.

So this morning, I finally did it.

She is insured with PDSA, with up to £7000 per incident.

And we'll get a free Meerkat toy because we bought it through Compare the Market :laughing8:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is Sam. Especially since she took an awkward dive off the sofa a couple of months back. She was fine but made me worry about her legs xxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow that's some good prices there, I use pet plan with lifetime cover for £7k a year for £27 per dog each year.

Is that £7000 per incident per year or just £7k per year? Do they do life cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I have kept insurance on Tabitha and Jerry from day one. You just never know...
Jerry had a major dental surgery a year ago and Tabitha had her knee pinned in August!
Good for you for thinking ahead. You're a good Chi mommy :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Does anyone in the US have pet insurance? Can you elaborate on the types of coverage, expenses or anything. Wonder if there's a thread somewhere? I'm gonna go check.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I definitely love the peace of mind of having my dogs insured. Venus needed it this past summer. We had just moved to a new state when she inhaled water into her lungs after she regurgitated a little water. She got a pulmonary edema. I got on Facebook and asked the insurance company and other members if they knew of a vet to take her to. The CEO of Embrace and other members got back to me within 20-30 minutes and gave me a recommendation. They asked about her progress for a while too.

Venus was taken care of at a regular vet's office, and she spent the night at an emergency clinic for overnight monitoring and treatment before going back to the regular vet the next day. The bill was huge, but we were able to recover a lot of it, and I didn't have to worry about whether or not we could pay the bill. I had gone through that stress too many times before, and I didn't want to do it again. I waited so long for a great insurance company with great coverage to come along before buying from Embrace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts