Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy isn't very well, got up this morning and she wouldn't eat her breakfast or have a drink.. and SHE LOVES BREAKFAST.. anyway tried a number of things nd wouldn't eat anything or have a drink.. She's been outside sitting and mooching around..

We took my friend back to the train station as she's been staying with us and we went to a concert last night!! Anyway just offered her lunch she got excited about it licked it and walk up.. next thing she gets in her bag and starts HEAVING really badly so i rushed her outside and she vomitted she's now moochin around outside in the sunshine (its still cold here) and doesn't want to come in.. She has a little bit of an upset stomach (i just watched her poo outside). She was fine in the car on the journey, slept part of the way she isn't really acting like herself today although is and friendly and cuddly as normal.

I've had the flu this week so i was wondering if she's caught it off of me and is feeling a bit rotten?? She just seems to want to be outside.. i dont know if thats a precautionary thing as she's got a bad tummy and she doesn't want to make a mess inside?

Please could someone help me.. i don't want to be a panicky humummy but i dont like my baby being poorly.

Thanks
Sarah

P.S gig was Peter Andre... and my god i had a 90s revival and he is GORGEOUS

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would say wait and see how she is for the course of the day.

I get so Panicky about Pixie and she always ends up okay. If it gets to later this afternoon and she's still vomitting I would call the vet.

Pixie was like that once, and turned out to be nothing, she probably ate something nasty on her walk.

It's always safer to call the vet if you're really worried, but being a Sunday it'll cost you if they come out. They'll ask you about her vomit, contents of it etc to check there's nothing wrong.

I'm sure it will be fine!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Don't worry about her catching the flu from you, she can't. A normal flu virus can't infect dogs and humans, 2 different species.

If she's vomiting I would hold off on offering her food for a while til her stomach settles. When you do offer her something make it a small amount (like a tablespoon) of bland food, like cooked rice with a little boiled chicken. If she holds that down after 2 hours or so offer a little more, etc.

Try not to worry too much but if you are not comfortable then definitely call your vet.

Olivia

·
Registered
881 Posts
im having the same problem with my new girl Lolly, i think its due to the change of food, just give her a table spoon of live bio yogurt. i swear by it, alway have a small tub in my fridge just in case :)
xxx

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you.. its so unlike her to be off her food.. she's really not very happy.. will see how she goes later on some chicken.. tbhat is all i've been offering her as she's raw fed..!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Good advice above. Keep an eye on her and watch for lethargy, wobbly on here feet or just not herself. If she shows any of these signs then you will need to get some Nutri-Cal in her system or if you dont have this then some honey or Karo syrup. If you have some on hand then I might would go ahead and give her a bit of Nutri-Cal, if she want lick it from your finger then put some on your finger and put some on her gums. Also take the skin on the back of her neck and lift it up a bit, if it snaps back into place she is hydrated but if it goes back slowly then that means she is dehydrating, if this is the case then give her some water in a dropper or have her lick some ice or something along those lines. While she is acting fine there isnt no real alarm but better to know what to do in case she starts acting funny. If she gets lethargic and you give her the Nutri-Cal/honey/syrup then you need to get her to the vet as they can go down hill fast.

Also if you opt for yogurt make sure you get plain and make sure it is NOT sugar free.

I hope she gets to feeling like herself again soon :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I was thinking of Daisy and wondering how she is doing...any updates

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah Thank you.. She had a little bit of dinner last night.. no more vomit and no poos (when i picked up yesterdays bad one last night it was covered with thick mucus!!).. she had small breakfast this morning and has been running around like a total lunatic (more so than normal) this morning and won't chill out even though i'm trying to relax her.. she's drunk loads and is not dehydrated. I have a feeling she ate something she shouldn't out the garden!! Think i'm just going to let her take it easy for a couple of days if she is sick again or has mucus in her poo again i'll call the vet (he's lovely and just round the corner luckily)

Thanks for your concern, much appreciated!!xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts