Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this scrap fabric for a while but wasnt sure what I wanted to do with it. So last night as I was waiting for my non fur child to fall asleep, but due to that days events he had some issues. Anyways I finished her dress today and let her run around the yard in it. Which of course I snapped some pictures.

I will be putting another layer in the dress since its kinda short on her.

·
Registered
200 Posts
wow! very nice. I have a sewing machine and was thinking I would give pooch clothes making a try but making stuff for a boy,,uggg Girly clothes would be more fun. Hmmm I wonder if Odie will know he is wearing a dress....lol

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you'll makje something great for your little guy. I'm thankful I have girl dogs. I'm still working on a boy version of a outfit but well... its still in the uh... works of pissing me off, lol.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Look at the disco queen! :queen:
She's too cute. You did a wonderful job on the dress.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bet you'll makje something great for your little guy. I'm thankful I have girl dogs. I'm still working on a boy version of a outfit but well... its still in the uh... works of pissing me off, lol.
I'm sure you will figure it out and it will be very nice cause from what I seen so far your talented :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a sweet little superstar she is!!!!!!! I wish I could sew.
I just learned how to sew 8 years ago. Before that sewing machines would run from me in terror, while throwing their needles at me in fear I might use them. I was nicked the sewing machine killer by my mother even. I jammed hers up so bad that it took a month for her to finally sort it all out. I think I might of even made hers smoke.

When I started dating my hubby (of course boyfriend at the time.) I ripped something and needed it fixed but my mom took her sewing machine when she left my dad. So I ended up going to walmart and found a cheap one for around 70.00 (its the one I still use to this day.) Hubby sat me down, taught me how to do the bobbin, thread the needle and get everything going.

I don't know everything, I actually stick to the stitches that work for me and stay together, lol I don't even know their name expect for the straight stitch.

Believe me if I the killer of sewing machines the master terror of sewing machines can learn, anyone can learn. :coolwink:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And thank you. I still need to do one more layer on the dress for it to be finished. I might try another one and put that on sale, not sure yet.

I'm a coupon and sale junkie when it comes to fabrics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts