Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting too routine now. Every single night we put her to bed (usually around the same time every night.. pretty much right before my husband and I go to bed).. and she goes absolutely bonkers in the laundry room! (Where she always sleeps).. she moves her bed around, closer to the door and scratches and bangs on the door and screams and barks. Usually if we tell her to be quiet and go to bed, she'll tone it down a bit. But she NEVER did this for the longest time. The last time she did this, it was the first couple weeks we brought her home. I have no idea why she is making a habit of it, we never let her out or talk to her while she's in there unless we absolutely have to tell her to be quiet, because we live in an apartment building and I'm sure nobody wants to hear a dog screaming after midnight.

I'm thinking it has something to do with teething. So far in the last few weeks she has lost 3 teeth.. but during the day she will be perfectly normal. It's only when we put to to bed does she decide to go nuts. How should I deal with this?? I don't like feeling really ticked off about it, but it's driving my me and my husband insane. Her behaviour at bed time is unacceptable and I need help in figuring out how to show her that. Any suggestions? :cry:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I have 3 girls and only one does this ,the youngest at '4 years old', last night she lasted 2 hours on her own, and cause she barks i dont want next door man disturbed ( thanks goodness we only have one set of neighbours) so back on our bed she goes, yet in the morning before we get up but after breakfast she will sleep in her own bed,cause she knows i wont let her in our bed as noise is less of a nusience then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts