Chihuahua People Forum banner

Daisy underweight

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  MChis 
#1 ·
Do you think Daisy is underweight? I've always thought she was of perfect weight but several people commented today that she is "skin and bones."

See less See more
#7 ·
I think she looks fine too. Someone told me the other day I was STARVING Zoey since she no longer has a pudgy belly and is getting more muscular. A lot of people think 'fat' is the 'norm' as far as what dogs are supposed to look like.

#14 ·
Okay good. That's what I thought. People just kept saying it. She's a very petite dog. You can feel her ribs/spine but not see them. Though to be fair, I'm not sure if you could ever see them with all of her fuzz.

I regularly get the comments about Lily so I'm used to that.

#15 ·
No, I think she looks good. If they want to see real "skin and bones" they should have met Wizard when we got him. That poor boy was super skinny and you could count the vertebrae down his spine just by looking at him. One day I will post before and after photos. It's sad how he looked. :(

Your little one is absolutely adorable! :)

#17 ·
I had the chairman of the BCC write in a critique in the national dog paper that lolly was underweight *so embarrassing* but I didn't think she was underweight, she is one of the smallest chi's in the ring, were trying to get weight on her now its just so hard with a baby who will only eat half her dinner :(
Someone has suggested adding a little cooked tripe to her dinner but I don't think I could handle having to cook it! raw was bad enough.

#18 ·
I think she looks perfect. I agree that fat dogs people think are "norm". I didn't think my lot was over weight but they all lost a good amount of weight after switching to raw. It took a long time to get used to it...hubby too. He kept saying they were skin & bones. But they are HEALTHY. Just don't have that padding of fat anymore--but they are NOT "too skinny". :)

Just tell people she is at her ideal weight & what a dog is supposed to look like. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.