Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that's what everyone says.
She got groomed today. We get her shaved completely down, because her fur is so long and it's too hot for her in the summer. So she gets cut, and she gets cut SHORT.

In other good news, Daisy gets weighed every year. When we weighed her today, she is 56 pounds, down from 72 last year!

Here are a few pictures of Daisy in her full coat:

And here is her today, after getting shaved all the way down.

And for kicks, here's Honey styling her new harness today. We got it for her because we suspect she has a collapsing trachea.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
luvballet said:
Very cuuuute =^_^=

Long hair actually keeps them cooler in the summer though ;)
Not her. Her fur is about two feet long in the summer. She's nearly gotten heat stroke by just walking for half an hour, she definately suffers from heat stress. She can go for hours and hours with it shaved down. Thankfully for us (and her) though, she doesn't tend to burn as most of her skin is very dark, at least where it's black fur.
And also we shave it to avoid burs since she likes to go hiking, and it reduces hotspots when she swims.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
True, but maybe a nice trim would work well too? Some fur would keep her cooler than very short fur. Of course, this is up to you, haha, I don't mean to tell you what to do ^_^

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luvballet said:
True, but maybe a nice trim would work well too? Some fur would keep her cooler than very short fur. Of course, this is up to you, haha, I don't mean to tell you what to do ^_^
We tried a trim the first time we decided to take her down a bit. It helped somewhat, but with a dog that high energy that needs to constantly be on the go, she would still be pretty bad.

She doesn't usually get shaved down THIS short, though. It was a busy day at work and I never got a chance to talk to the groomer about the length, haha. This is the shortest it's been.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts