Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And she slept most of the way through, with just one little growl :) bless her.

Shows how often we get thunderstorms, she's nearly 1 yr 5 months xD

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Lucky! I am from Florida, USA. Toby is 10 months old and has been through hundreds of thunder storms. He sleeps through them. Rocky and Lilly, on the other hand, both bark like they are going to scare the storm away. And both the puppies have been through a tropical storm already. Lilly has been through 20+ hurricanes and tropical storms in her 10ish years. Hurricane season isn't over until November 1. Although I don't live in a hurricane prone area anymore, thank goodness! My family and Lilly and Rocky still do!

Sorry for rambling! Storms are no fun, I am glad Daisy was a good girl!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, I really don't know how you guys cope, I really don't - it would be like constantly living on a razor's edge.

We don't get hurricanes here so can't even imagine what they're like - Wizard of Oz type nightmares about them are bad enough!

Over 5 decades of wandering around and I've never felt an earthquake, not even a tiny one.

Storms, hmm, we get a little bit of lightning, thunder & rain and it's all over in a few minutes, except for those floods that knocked us about last Xmas but that's only once in 50 years so no biggie.

I've been in the middle of 2 serious killer bushfires, but was too young & irresponsible to realise the real danger as we saved our horses. So all in all, over 5 decades thats absolutely nothing to experience compared to what you people live through - you guys seem to live with different types of life-threatening danger every single year of your lives, it's just bizarre. I can't understand WHY people settled and stayed anywhere near where hurricanes & earthquakes go, especially the hurricanes, it beggars belief. Isn't it the case that it's only certain states that get the hurricanes and most others don't?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Well done Daisy! Mylo experienced his first storm tonight. Wasn't bothered at all! I was when I got drenched on my way home though!

That's one thing that makes me thankful for England... We may have horribl rain and barely any summer but at least it's predictable!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts