Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d share some pics of the furkids from our recent vacation in western NC plus a few extra. We had a lot of fun and the dogs did too.

Before hiking we took the dogs a nearby field to run Dakota to tire him out before hitting the trails. Anyone familiar with huskies I’m sure will understand the need to tire him out BEFORE hiking. LOL

Faith can’t figure out how this thing fits in Dakota’s mouth.

…more…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Time to hit the trails in the Blue Ridge!

It was gorgeous out there and mom didn’t feel like waiting around for dad to take pictures!

What’s that I see? Blueberries?!

Who wants blueberries? Forget feeding the guinea pigs, let’s get back on the trail!

I like smelling the blueberries, mommy.

They really make my color stand out. Ain’t I pretty mom?

…to be continued…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time for a water break!

I think I’ll just relax here in the shade for a bit.

Back at the car after several hours…a tired Faith passed out on the pillow.

Dakota on the other hand…”What? That’s all?! Where’s the next trail? Home? Who’s ready to go home?!”

After all that hiking, Dakota was very hungry!

(Please note, despite how the picture looks Dakota was extremely gentle and Faith was not harmed in any way!)

…a few more to follow…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Another day, another walk! This one was a little less strenuous and had more flowers to stop and smell. :)

DUCK!!!!!

Just come a little closer…wait until the right moment…

Again, at the end of the day Faith could hardly keep her eyes open.

…one last set…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Our last day there we took the dogs to the field for a run one last time.

A pic of Faith taken with my cell phone while she slept in my lap on the way home…she looked so sweet.

Back at home, Dakota’s chillin’ in his bed…bored. (excuse the quality, it’s another cell phone pic)

And (yes, another cell phone pic! Sorry) Faith supervising the picture posting process and checking out chi people with mommy. :)

That’s all folks! Hope you enjoy!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Wow - I have just been waiting for your holiday pics - such beautiful photos of beautiful dogs - and as for the one of Dakota eating a chi snack LOL!!!!

I love walking the dogs on trails like the one you were on - lovely soft ground!

And again the chi snack LOL!!!!

The flowers, the ducks ahhh they just get better and better!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Wow great pics! Gorgeous place too.
How cute are they together!
Looks like they had loads of fun.

I understand about the need to tire Dakota, otherwise woulda been run off your feet!
They cant wait to get places.
That's my experience anyway, but once they have that energy used up a bit they trot along fine, LOL

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow - I have just been waiting for your holiday pics - such beautiful photos of beautiful dogs - and as for the one of Dakota eating a chi snack LOL!!!!

I love walking the dogs on trails like the one you were on - lovely soft ground!

And again the chi snack LOL!!!!

The flowers, the ducks ahhh they just get better and better!!
LOL Thank you! I thought it was so cute when he put his mouth so gently around her head! lol Hubby thought I was going to get flamed if I posted that pic so I thought it wise to put a 'no harm was done' disclaimer just in case! ;)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
BTW - if Dakota ever needs rehoming - he would be most welcome here - just a quick plane trip to the Emerald Isle!!! I love Dakota!!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
LOL Thank you! I thought it was so cute when he put his mouth so gently around her head! lol Hubby thought I was going to get flamed if I posted that pic so I thought it wise to put a 'no harm was done' disclaimer just in case! ;)
Oh Gosh no - that is totally the way that Biggles and Bruno play - mouthing each others heads - totally the norm in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes Bruno's head fits in Biggles mouth!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow great pics! Gorgeous place too.
How cute are they together!
Looks like they had loads of fun.

I understand about the need to tire Dakota, otherwise woulda been run off your feet!
They cant wait to get places.
That's my experience anyway, but once they have that energy used up a bit they trot along fine, LOL
Thanks Terri! I bet you are used to hiking with the bf's sibes! Even with running him he still pulled like their was no tomorrow the first half of the trail. Wasn't until the second half of the trail that he walked along at a nice pace. The day we came across the ducks I didn't run him prior and I had blisters on my hands from his lead halfway through our walk!!! Ouch!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW - if Dakota ever needs rehoming - he would be most welcome here - just a quick plane trip to the Emerald Isle!!! I love Dakota!!

Aww you're so sweet. But I have to say, my neighbor down the street has claimed he has first dibs if I ever want to rehome Dakota! lol Fat chance though. ;)

Oh Gosh no - that is totally the way that Biggles and Bruno play - mouthing each others heads - totally the norm in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes Bruno's head fits in Biggles mouth!!
WOW! I can't believe Biggles can fit Bruno's head in his mouth! Do you have a picture?! lol

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Well Biggles is over 10lbs - we call him our designer fake - sold to us as a chi - but verrrry suspect - think he has a lot of Papillon and heaven knows what else! so he's a lot bigger than Bruno - who is quite tiny!! Biggles is now referred to as a "Biggles dog" breed all of his own!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Thanks Terri! I bet you are used to hiking with the bf's sibes! Even with running him he still pulled like their was no tomorrow the first half of the trail. Wasn't until the second half of the trail that he walked along at a nice pace. The day we came across the ducks I didn't run him prior and I had blisters on my hands from his lead halfway through our walk!!! Ouch!
Oh i feel your pain!
Whenever Storm, Misty and River spot something they pull like crazy!
We use those bungy leads, they help a bit. :)
I will need to show my man the pics of Dakota here, he will want him too. HAHA!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
oh what gorgeous pics!!!!! I would love love a husky, i love their gorgeous wolfish look...!

I wish I went on that trip looked so fun!!:D xx

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Beautiful pics. faith is looking great and Dakota, what can I says he is just stunning. I have a liitle soft spot for Faith she looks so happy and healthly.

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
ohhh val the holiday pics are wonderful looks like you guys had so much fun and the pic are wonderful i love the ones with the flowers
love them faith is just so beautiful i just love her sweet face thanks for sharing with us sweetie xxxx

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for such nice comments! Vacations just never last long enough! Glad you all enjoyed the pics. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I LOVED LOVED LOVED your pics!!! Wow!! Had to go back and look at them over and over. I love Faith in the flowers and also the snack one. That is hilarious!!! Great.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awww Thank you Tracy! I love your new siggy too, Mandy did an awesome job! Brody looks so regal in it. :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts