Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know we went on a short vacation to Captiva Island, FL. It’s a beautiful, small tropical island in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Fort Myers, FL and we were fortunate enough to be able to bring the furkids along with us.

Relaxing on the screened in patio at the rental house. Hey, this is a vacation after all!

The house had a sand box and Dakota loved it! I think we need to get a sand box for a certain doggie.

Then we headed to the beach…

...more to follow…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa! Watch out for those waves!

Who’s up for some playing on the beach?

Aahh! Mommy help!

Uh oh! Brace for it!

Back off punk!

Faith: “Yeah you better run! There’s more where that came from!”

Now I can finally catch some rays in peace without that pesky husky around.

…continued…

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Faith tries her hand at swimming…

...and look what washed up on the shore!

Not one of my better faces. Lol

Two sets of paw prints…

And back at the house after a day full of sun, surf and swimmin’…they were pooped!

And finally...The End!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
They are beautiful, beautiful dogs! As are the photos - looks like ye had a great time - I love seeing dogs being dogs - tearing around the beach, swimming, chasing etc!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
wow what stunning photos i loved looking at them you have 2 beautiful stunning dogs dakota is just mezmirizing when yo look in those beautiful eyes and i love the ome of faith the first one in the second lot of pics were she looks like shes smiling in fact i could go on and on about each and every pic thanks so much for sharing you beautiful pics with us xxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh my they are so sweet toghether! The picture were Faith is afraid of the waves is so funny! Kodak moment! :D

How did it go when they got together? Did the Husky come first or the chihuahua and were they friends right from the beginnig?? My boyfriend wants a bigger dog someday...A Pitbull :S

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are beautiful, beautiful dogs! As are the photos - looks like ye had a great time - I love seeing dogs being dogs - tearing around the beach, swimming, chasing etc!
Many thanks! Yep, I'm a huge fan of action shots when it comes to the furkids! :coolwink:

Beautiful pictures!!!!!! I love them both, Dakota is breathtaking and I love Faith's smile!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you all had a blast!

wow what stunning photos i loved looking at them you have 2 beautiful stunning dogs dakota is just mezmirizing when yo look in those beautiful eyes and i love the ome of faith the first one in the second lot of pics were she looks like shes smiling in fact i could go on and on about each and every pic thanks so much for sharing you beautiful pics with us xxx
Thank you both! Faith's smile is definitely one of my favs and a lucky catch too. She'd been panting with her tongue out and she slipped her tongue back into her mouth just as hubby snapped the picture...came out PERFECT!!! lol

Wow those are like sum amazing pix!! One of those looked like Faith was smiling. Both are beautiful!! I think Dakota needs his own sand box at home. lol. :D
Thanks! I definitely think he needs a sandbox at home too! :)

Those are fantastic photos!! Put those in a memory book! They were sure having a good time and you could tell they really enjoyed every minute!:p

That looks like a great beach. And it looks like fun was had by all. Great pic.s
Thank you both for the nice words, we all had a blast. Wishing we were still there! lol

Oh my they are so sweet together! The picture were Faith is afraid of the waves is so funny! Kodak moment! :D

How did it go when they got together? Did the Husky come first or the chihuahua and were they friends right from the beginnig?? My boyfriend wants a bigger dog someday...A Pitbull :S
Much appreciated! We adopted the husky first and the chihuahua second. I wouldn't say they were "friends" from the beginning but they got along when they were first introduced. As Faith opened up to us as her new owners, she also opened up to Dakota as her "big brother". So they got along from the very beginning and things have continued to improve from there. :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
OMG! Valerie you were so right, these pictures are worth waiting for!!!!
I can't even pick a favorite. Everyone is fantastic. I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face. Faith and Dakota are absolutely stunning. I am in love!
It looks like you all had a wonderful time, and the dogs seemed to have enjoyed each other too. :)
Tell hubby that he did an awesome job on the pics!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG! Valerie you were so right, these pictures are worth waiting for!!!!
I can't even pick a favorite. Everyone is fantastic. I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face. Faith and Dakota are absolutely stunning. I am in love!
It looks like you all had a wonderful time, and the dogs seemed to have enjoyed each other too. :)
Tell hubby that he did an awesome job on the pics!
LOL I told you! :D And you think you can't pic a favorite, these are just a FEW of the pics I had to choose from! It's so hard to choose which to post because they're all great. :foxes15: Oh well, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the ones I did pick. :)

I will definitely pass on the compliments to hubby. Boost his ego a bit. :p lol

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
LOL I told you! :D And you think you can't pic a favorite, these are just a FEW of the pics I had to choose from! It's so hard to choose which to post because they're all great. :foxes15: Oh well, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the ones I did pick. :)

I will definitely pass on the compliments to hubby. Boost his ego a bit. :p lol
I'm sure it was hard for you to choose :laughing1:.
It's so funny that a Husky and a itty bitty Chihuahua can compliment each other so well, but they do! They are both so beautiful Valerie. You are a lucky girl!
Yeah, it's good to boost the hubby's ego a bit every once in awhile.Lol!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts