Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know none of my dogs are due for their rabies until early winter. BUT, since leaving my position at the clinic I worked for last year I've been trying to determine which vet to take my dogs to that I was comfortable with their standard of care. I've heard a lot of locals recommend this specific one; and I gave them a call today. Mine are in top health (fingers crossed) so my biggest concern was finding a vet around here that would do a rabies titer and exemption from the vaccine. Kahlua's had 2 rabies injections in her life; and as far as I'm concerned is more than full of the DHLP combo for a lifetime. So I asked their policy. She said they don't do it often, only by request; but that they'd happily oblige when it was time for Kahlua to be due for re-registration with the county. The Rabies Titer in itself is $35, and the lab draw would cost $10. O_O I'm very thrilled; not only have I heard great things about the care and veterinarians but the fact that they offer this so affordable is a Godsend! As far as I'm concerned my dogs shouldn't need another shot ever again....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow that is a BARGAIN!! Our distemper/parvo titer was $65 and the rabies titer was $135! You are getting an awesome deal. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts