Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.....

for the last week or so, when I click a link or try to access the forum I get a database error page. usually I just try to access again and it works... this occurs from several different computers so its not just my side....

are we(forum) having problems with the database??

is anyone else getting errors?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Jan i have had this for months sometimes it's ok sometimes it happens all the time.I did report it But it's still happening i also get the wheel going round and it takes ages to get into things,and most of the time i have to click on things twice,Kay is also having problems

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Lol I get it all the time! Its been happening for years on here. Off and on though. When I make a thread I now copy the whole thing before submitting as sometimes it goes to the error and is very annoying haha

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks.... its only been happening to me for the last couple of weeks so I thought it might be a new issue..... guess not.....lol

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I will let Yung know that this is happening more often.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It has been happening to me a lot lately, and I just typed ou my first really long post on a problem & it clicked me off to a blank page & won't post :( it was long for me...others have been as long or longer so I know I didn't run out of space:foxes15:
Now to upset to even repost :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has been happening to me a lot lately, and I just typed ou my first really long post on a problem & it clicked me off to a blank page & won't post :( it was long for me...others have been as long or longer so I know I didn't run out of space:foxes15:
Now to upset to even repost :(:(:(
before you click 'post' or submit.... highlight and copy your post...... then if it produces that blank post, at least you still have your copied post to paste it in another try....

·
Registered
688 Posts
This usually happens when a website is becoming larger and has more people on it. I usually just refresh and yes agreed its always a good idea to copy what you are working on incase. I usually type it all out on my pc notepad , then i copy and paste it on to here.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We are constantly growing we get new members daily but I have never noticed this issue occurring very often. Just once in a blue moon and not to everyone just a few.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It happens routinely to me. This is what is says ....

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.chihuahua-people.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.chihuahua-people.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have only been getting it for the past few days, but I have only been on the site since January. I also have noticed the screen going blank for an extended period of time while the circle is going around before it will finally come up. This has also been in the last few days. I just thought it was my computer. I researched cleaning the hard drive, defragging, I took alot of old pic, scans, docs etc. off, and ran my anti-virus.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I havent had any issues with it at all? I have contacted Yung about it and hopefully they are working on it ;-)

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the heads up. I need your help to investigate and pinpoint what is causing the error. Can you guys please keep track of the time and date and the page you were trying to view whenever you get a database error message?

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the heads up. I need your help to investigate and pinpoint what is causing the error. Can you guys please keep track of the time and date and the page you were trying to view whenever you get a database error message?
sure will...... thank you for listening to us!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yesterday I actually got the error message while using the laptop. If I use my Kindle it tells me I lost the connection and then will open the browser window again. I had thought it was just a mobile thing. It only happens on this website and only when I use the Kindle Fire.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Things are working much better and faster for me tonight. Thanks Yung.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts