Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9yo daughter has been yearning for a Golden Retriever for I don't know how long. Then she started asking for one for Christmas. We already have 4 dogs (plus 2 cats and 5 dragons and a guinea pig!) so we told her "No Way" on a new dog.

Well, at some point we caved...but still led her to believe that there would absolutely be no dog! We picked up the puppy last night!

He did great his first night with us. Went in his crate and slept with only a whimper when he first went in. Went out and did his business last night and this morning no problem. He's a sweetheart! All my dogs are mutts...I wouldn't have a chihuahua except that he just showed up in our yard :p so buying a pure bred dog was a new experience!

So, one little girl's most special Christmas wish came true this year. :reindeer:

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
And look at that pretty girls face. She is glowing with happiness. You did that. ;)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Beautiful daughter and puppy :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's wonderful!! It's hard to say no to our babies! A dog is a good thing for a child that asks for it; it teaches responsibilty, love, care and nurturing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I grew up with goldies, and had one when my hubby and I first got married as well.... They are wonderful dogs. Congrats and good for you, mom! That's a great pic of your daughter with her new best friend! I would frame it and give it to her for her bedroom!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Both your babies are beautiful! She is super happy! I'm so glad she got her Christmas wish! Awesome he did such a good job the first night! That's so good!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Aww that's so sweet! My very first dog ever was a golden retriever and my parents got him for me and my sister when I was 9 years old. They are wonderful dogs and great with kids. Mines name was Lucky and we had to put him down last year as he had cancer and one day that glow was gone from his eyes and he was having alot of trouble walking. He was 15 years old almost 16. I'm sure your daughter will have as much fun and make great memories with hers as I did with mine. Has she given him a name yet?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
They are absolutely amazing dogs, you won't be sorry. I used to breed, raise and sell them. I lost my female several years ago to Addison's disease, and I've not been able to stand to have another one since - they have such similar personalities, and I know another one will remind me of Sadie.

But, I've got to have a big dog eventually and I'm thinking Golden doodle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts