Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never ever do I ever want to go through this again. Sturgis took it very well he was a little woozy but fine. When the handed me Daytona OMG! His eyes were very puffy, his toungue swollen in puffing out his mouth and cold. I screamed OMG, NO no not him! I was talking to him shaking him in my arms, no response. I said something isnt right! his body is cold. Sturgis isnt cold he isnt responding. Get the vet! Then i sadi daytona wanna see daddy? he opened his eyes a slit the vet took him back in took temp brought him back out and said all dogs react differently when put under take him home, keep him warm, give him an hour and if he isnt any more alert you can bring him back. Well, Sturgis I took out of car first he was still a bit wozy but walked n peed today he is up and running like he never had anything done.I couldnt keep Sturgis down if i wanted to. Daytona, is moving about slow but moving he is fine he is still showing signs he is sore. Phew! now that was one of the worst scares i had with him and I am glad I will never have to go through it again

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm so sorry Daytona had such a horrible time with surgery. Glad he's feeling better today. Sounds like Sturgis got along very well. Good for him.

At least it's over now...and you won't have to deal with that again. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
OMG how scary that had to be for you. I am glad he pulled though it. Gosh its so scary when these little guys go under for surgery.
Do you think it was just a reaction or do you think the vet did something wrong?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think is was a reaction to going under. I dont think it was the vets fault but he looked so pitiful. Thank you all I am just glad its over. Men!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whew, that must've been very frightening. I think small dogs can react strongly to anaesthetics? Not sure tho.

anyway, a bit of mummy love does the trick every time! :p

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
That is very scary :shock: ....glad he is ok. :) I think Bindi doesnt handle it well either. She got very cold too.

It is a relief when its over :?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I dont understand is a I had a chi Goliath done and pardon how i describe My! shrivelled prunes. Now, I dont recall Goliath looking like that at all! :? Are they doing it a different way now?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
janiebabes said:
What I dont understand is a I had a chi Goliath done and pardon how i describe My! shrivelled prunes. Now, I dont recall Goliath looking like that at all! :? Are they doing it a different way now?
they shrink slowly into nothing, sometimes a little flabby skin is left. Kemo is nice and non-flabby :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts