Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First part of the story today....
Poor Dazy had to go to emergency vet today...she caught her nail on one of our blankets and it broke all the way down under the skin..OMG it bleed so bad I wrapped it up and off we went. They got it to stop bleeding and gave her an antibiotic shot and some metacam for pain. The vet said it would heal up and there was no permanant damage to the growth of a new nail coming back thank goodness.
Well...when we got home the UPS man brought the girls a special delivery and my husband had it all put together ready to go......This was the better part of our day!!:D

It has reversible handle which is great to change the facing position on a cold day to keep the wind from blowing into the netted area.

They were so excited when I ask them if they wanted to go Bye-Bye!!

Dazy was just a bit woozy from her meds the vet gave her and Lulubelle just had to check this strange looking thing out!

It has a lot of storage in the back for blankets, water, food etc... and also a big storage area underneath for toys, etc.... I also ordered a cup holder that snaps onto the handle for my water or coffee container.

And this is the weather cover I got for when we move up to Washington and it is rainy or cold!
I got the stroller on ebay...they come in all colors and are big enough to fit 3 chi's that are about 6 lbs. or even 4 chi's that are smaller. The stroller only weighs 17 lbs. and has shocks on the front wheels for a really smooth ride!!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh, I just ordered one earlier this week. I can't wait to get mine. I love yours and your babies look adorable in it. Make sure you tell us how your first walk went. I'm so sorry about her nail. Hope she feels better.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Poor Dazy. I hope that her nail will heal quickly and that she isn't too bothered by it. I LOVE that stroller. I just may have to get me one of those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awww.. poor baby. I'm glad they got their new ride to make the day better. That looks awesome. I think my mom would like one of those to push her grand-puppy in. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Cool stroller!! Glad that Dazy is doing better. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry that Dazy hurt her little nail. :( Bless her heart. Cool new stroller! Looks like they are both enjoying it. Cute babies! :)

L

·
0 Posts
I've had a stroller for my Bichons for a long time and it really comes in handy. Lacy wears out quicker than Cosmo, so she will walk for a while and then ride. Then when Cosmo gets tired, he rides, too, and I can keep walking. It has big wheels and is easy to push and has a mesh cover that can be zipped closed. The dogs like it. I haven't tried it yet for my Chi. She loves to walk and doesn't wear out very fast.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone...Dazy is much better this morning! She is not limping anymore and she is running through the house like nothing happened:)
I put the girls in the stroller, put my walking shoes and sun hat on and took off for our first walk......Well....I got a few feet out of the driveway and Dazy started going nuts and barking!! This was 6:45 in the morning, no one was out anywhere and she was so loud I turned around and went quickly back into the house!! I tryed 3 more times and she did the same thing! So what was causing her to bark so crazy? Maybe she was overly excited? She likes getting into the stroller and is not afraid of it so I just don't know??:confused:
We use a spray bottle at home when she barks so next time I'm going to take the spray bottle and see if that stops her barking. It is probably partly my fault because we really should go out on the lease more, but when I do take her out for walks she will only bark at a bike if it speeds by and she is pretty good? She goes to certain stores with me too and never barks when sitting her her carrier.
So tommorrow morning we are going to try again.....it is the only time to go or late evening because here in the desert the temp is 90 degrees by 8 am:coolwink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts