Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dazy has not left her little sisters side since she has not been feeling well. Just got back from vets and they started Lulubelle on an oral liquid for the mite problem and a new ointment for her eye infections which are now in both eyes. We got her a new e-collar..its more comfy than the hard plastic one. She has to take the liquid in very tiny doses for at least a month to get rid of the mites. Normally it is prescribed for just a few days but because of her hyper- sensitivity to meds. they have to really stretch it out in very small increments. Keep your fingers crossed that she will handle this medicine without getting ill like she did last week!:sad4::)

Here is the pic I took of the girls with Dazy keeping very close to Lulubelle (she never usually gets in the same bed with her and she has been doing this for the last 3 days)...it really shows just how they sense when something is just not right....it was so sweet....

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
aww that collar does look so much more comfy than the standard plastic kind. Get well soon lulubelle... Dazy is such a sweetheart xxx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
They look like they have a very strong bond together all cosy and comfy. That collar certainly looks more comfortable than those hard plastic ones.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Poor little sweetheart Lulubelle,
hope she is more comfy now.
Dahlia sends more (((Hugs))))
to big sister.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww that is so cute of Dazy wanting to be close to look after her sis.
Hope Lulubelle responds well to the medication and is back to her old self soon. x

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Poor little sweetheart Lulubelle,
hope she is more comfy now.
Dahlia sends more (((Hugs))))
to big sister.
That was so sweet! I know Lulubelle felt that hug!:p
Thanks to all for the kind words...I hope she is back to her perky little self real soon. So far the first dose of medication is not causing any reactions other than being just a bit sleepy, but that could just be from stress at the vets:)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Oh for cute. So, if having a dog makes us heal quicker, being a dog with a best dog sister must be really good for you. Hope Lulabelle feels better real soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pupmates grow such strong bonds...it's so adorable...I bet Lulubelle feels somewhat better knowing her friend is there beside her...I hope Lulubelle feels better soon!!!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
oh thats so sweet that Dazy is looking after Lulu.
Poor Lulu though her eyes look so sore
hope she feels better soon

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Dazy is such a sweet, caring sister. That is just adorable. They really are in tune with their siblings. I'm so sorry that Lulu is still going through this. She looks so sad. :( (((((Hugs)))))

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How is LuluBelle today Darlene??
Still OK on her meds?
Hi Rhonda,
Thanks so much for asking:) She did good on her first dose of medicine yesterday and her eyes look a bit better this morning. Hopefully as the med gets into her system more she will be able to tolerate it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! She started to run and play a bit this morning with that silly cone on her little head...it was hilarious watching her! Her little stuffed toy kept falling down into the cone and she kept trying to grab it and pull it out!!:p
And thankyou everyone for sending get well's to my little girl:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts