Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to sewing and I was going to use a pattern to make the tote bag that "rhaubejoi" had told me about. But when I went to Joann's fabric store they had this cute tote on sale and so I just got the heart applique and put it on the front. Well low and behold as I was looking around the store I found material that just nearly matched it perfectly! So I made my girl a dress to match. It was so fun making it...especially since my hubby bought me a new serger for xmas:p
Thanks again "rhaubejoi" for the great idea and I did buy the other pattern so eventually I will try it. Here's some pics...

She is wearing a little cape that matches the dress..

Took the cape off...

I love my new dress mommy!

and my new purse:love2:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
awww that is just darling! i love how creative people are on here i wish i could make something that good. - love Dazy she looks like a princess in her lil dress and cape xxx

3,132 Posts
Very cute!!! I wish I could sew too, Bailey is glad I can't though. hehehe

·
Registered
621 Posts
those are to cute, they match so well!!! and how on EARTH do you sew that dress girl!!! LOL i tried to do that before, it was hell, and it only took me about 20 minutes to have a huge mess and no progress LOL.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much...I copied the vest part of the dress from her vest that she wears when we go walking. I just layed out the vest flat on a big piece of paper and I traced around it and made a pattern. Cut it out, put some thick lining in between the material and then added the ruffles and ric rac. I sewed velcro on the wrap around pieces on neck and tummy area. Just to keep it simple you don't even have to add anything. The vest part is sooo easy. I'm going to add a saftey hook on neck piece and back so I can attach her leash. I had extra material left so I made her a little cape..It was fun too do:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts