Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I "hear" what you all are saying about the difference between a deer head and apple head chi, but can anyone show me? I mean is there some place or does anyone have a pic of the two side by side, or just two pics at all?

Thanks,
MD

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Clare has one of each (Ozzy's mom)
Kemo is deer.........maybe the others can post some side by side

·
Registered
810 Posts
hey Mammadog, ya know I was just looking at your pups websight and OMG she is just too darn cute!!! I forgot that you were in Missouri. Well, I have been talking to 2 different breeders in Springfield area. I wonder if it is the same one you got your little one from. I think I am gonna PM you and see! Sorry, no info on the deer/apple heads, I just think they are both very cute. Mine is a deer (pointy nose/skinny body/long legs) Sounds like an alien!! She is a pretty thing. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would I need to wait a bit to tell what Lady is? I honestly am not sure, even after looking at the pics... lol Ozzysmom, thank for the descriptions, that does make it easier to tell. I just don't know if Lady has any more growing to do before I can tell with her.

MD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ozzymom I wouldn't say ozzy has a deerhead at all, he has a nice apple head just a little bit longer nose but not a deerhead. I have seen some chis that has no apple dome at all and that is what I would call a deerhead. But Ozzy is to cute to call a deerhead chi.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jan, does that mean one is better than the other, or more widely sought after? Or is it maybe a health issue? I think I need to re-read my chi books... lol I feel like I don't know anything half the time!! :lol:

Ozzysmom, How on earth can you tell them apart? They both seem so similar in their pictures, and so cute too! :D I guess it must be the mom in you, all moms can tell their kids apart.

MD

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
lol thanks jan I always thought a deer head chi was one with a longer snout - which is why I always said it - in that case kemo is not a deer heads either ?

mamadog - I tell them apart as lily is alot smaller than ozzy and has alot less hair also he has dark facial features - black eyes and nose and she has hazel eyes and brown nose :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok I know that AKC, CKC, and the others states that there is no such thing as a deerhead chi. but when the skull is more longated instead of rounder that is what people call deerheads. As far as which is more sought after that is up to what the buyer is looking for, just like are males more sought after than females or vise vursa, or are long coats more sought after than short coats or vise vursa? Hope this cleared up your question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts