Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, well, let me preface this post with I am hell bent on getting my dogs comfortable in some sort of shoe for the winter. Last winter Laurel got sores on her feet from the salt/cold/ice and Oakley absolutely wouldn't walk on the cold snow. So boots it is, we're not just being mean LOL. We do laugh a little in some of the videos I post, but my guess is you will too HAH.

VIDEOS!! ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMTOWrb3hE (Bryco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKVq-Y65VQ (Trigger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdIetgEkuOU (Trigger)

Trig actually walked well in his outside LOL...but not inside, nooo way!

Anyway, pictures first...

Mum, you'z hassing an utterly stoopid...

Dey's pink mom dozn't know mens berry well.

I stands on da stairs wike dis for mebbe 17 min-its, mebbe more, I no moves!

Tweat? Dis be somfings I can eats?

I be finking of doggyz model school, but mebbe I no needs ta learn, what u finks?

No By-co u butt face, dooz it wike DIS!

Dis my bes- Oakley pee impression, is pwetty good huh?

Watchin' da dumb brwodders get tortured he he...I habs liking of dis new hut weg, momma diddn't dooz it to me!

And videos...(will update with videos one they upload)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG Kristi I love love love the pic of trigger with his legs crossed!!!!!
Those are soooooo CUTE!!! Are those dog booties?
They are mutlucks, so yes doggie booties! I am not sure what I think of them yet, they are a bit stiff, we're gonna have Laurel run about in them for a few days to see if they break in before we buy more.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
How cute are they in their Mutt Luks!! I love Trigger's Oakley peeing impression! LOL. The boots cover Bryco's entire leg! :lol: So do you think you'll be successful? Trigger seems to be doing pretty good in them! I tried them for Pip and Roo and it was a total no go. Could not get them used to it. Pip would just stand there and refuse to move. lol.

Love Oakley in her snow baby fleece too! How's her leg today??

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They are mutlucks, so yes doggie booties! I am not sure what I think of them yet, they are a bit stiff, we're gonna have Laurel run about in them for a few days to see if they break in before we buy more.
I found them really stiff too. Did you just buy one pair to try them out?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have some like that for Pedro....a different color......and they do soften up quite a lot. Of course, we don't have snow down here in Florida, but I had to use them on a paw of his when he was trying to chew it raw.:rolleyes: He didn't much like them either, but I'm sure your chis will appreciate them when it's cold and snowy outside!:D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
LOL too funny. Poor Bryco, he looks like he's getting swallowed by the feet up! :)

I'm not sure how these would stand up on long walks, I've only ever used them in wet grass/snow. Have you ever tried them? They stay on really well...

Amazon.com: PAWZ Disposable Reusable Boots - 12 Pack Medium in Navy Blue: Kitchen & Dining: Reviews, Prices & more
I tried them on my Pom once and found them so hard to get on. :\ I'm sure they would have worked well if I could have actually got them on. :lol:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Aww. Too cute. I bought some super expensive boots and Maya wouldn't wear them. Never ended up using them and I don't even know what I did with them. Oh well. These are super cute.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How cute are they in their Mutt Luks!! I love Trigger's Oakley peeing impression! LOL. The boots cover Bryco's entire leg! :lol: So do you think you'll be successful? Trigger seems to be doing pretty good in them! I tried them for Pip and Roo and it was a total no go. Could not get them used to it. Pip would just stand there and refuse to move. lol.

Love Oakley in her snow baby fleece too! How's her leg today??
Yes we finally got the snowbaby in her size, I adore it, it sway cute! Her leg seems to be fine today, at least not in pain, but whenever you move it you hear it clickity-click click click just popping in and out :(

I found them really stiff too. Did you just buy one pair to try them out?
Yeah, I didn't want to spend $35 x 4 without knowing they'd work. I can't try them out for Oakley right now b'c of her leg though. I want to see if they soften up first. They are a bit big for Oakley and Bryco and they don't really have enough body weight to break them in I don't think.

LOL too funny. Poor Bryco, he looks like he's getting swallowed by the feet up! :)

I'm not sure how these would stand up on long walks, I've only ever used them in wet grass/snow. Have you ever tried them? They stay on really well...

Amazon.com: PAWZ Disposable Reusable Boots - 12 Pack Medium in Navy Blue: Kitchen & Dining: Reviews, Prices & more
I tried those last year the only problem was they didn't help at all w/ the cold :( They did stay on though for the most part!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have some like that for Pedro....a different color......and they do soften up quite a lot. Of course, we don't have snow down here in Florida, but I had to use them on a paw of his when he was trying to chew it raw.:rolleyes: He didn't much like them either, but I'm sure your chis will appreciate them when it's cold and snowy outside!:D
I hope they soften up cuz right now they are stiii-if! Did they soften up just from him walking around or did you do something else to losen them up?

Aww. Too cute. I bought some super expensive boots and Maya wouldn't wear them. Never ended up using them and I don't even know what I did with them. Oh well. These are super cute.
It definitely isn't normal for them to wear s hoes lol that's for sure....mine thought I was crazy tonight.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ok I felt a little mean but I could not stop laughing at Bryco. Thats hysterical. It makes me want to buy some just to see what mine would do. I love how Laurel is looking at him in the video too, like theres something way wrong with him so shes not getting any closer. Too funny.
And the pic of Trigger with his front legs crossed is super cute.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
omg I'm dying over the Bryco video!! I felt bad laughing at the little guy, but that was seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen. What a little slapstick character he is, he's very Charlie Chaplin! baha. :lol: Trigger is exactly how Pip acted in them. hee hee.Thanks for sharing them, Kristi, I couldn't stop smiling watching them. I hope Bryco gets better with them. ;)

If you decide on getting more, I have two pairs, (one red, one pink) size itty bitty, brand new in the mesh bags. I got them direct from the Muttluks site and they were only tried on inside a couple of times. There's no way Pip and Roo will wear them, they're just too stiff and sorta big too. I was going to return them, but thought I'd give them another try, but then never did. urgh What a waste. If they end up working out for your little ones, let me know if you'd like them. :)

I'm sorry Oakley's leg is still clicking. :(

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I could not stop laughing at Bryco's fancy gymnastics - get that boy in the olympics!

And Trigger is exactly like my Gretels. She WILL NOT budge.

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
cool looking........ been trying to find Chico boots/shoes that fit him.... those look like they might be the one...... gotta try 'em....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts