Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was checking Zoey's teeth the other night and noticed one of her k9's is missing a chunk of tartar :) I have been 'forcing' her to eat bigger chunks for a few reasons:
1- keeps her fuller longer, as otherwise she doesn't even chew/taste her food
2- Want her to chew/gnaw on her food a little longer for dental benefits
3- Takes her longer than 1 sec to eat dinner.

So I am pleased to say after about 2 & 1/2 months we are finally seeing some wonderful dental benefits for Zoey. She still has tartar, and I have been brushing her teeth & using the Petzlife gel (she gets it on a cookie at night) but I was pleased as punch to see that she was missing a chunk of tartar. Georgie (my pomeranian) is doing great with the teeth on raw.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
That's fab get a pic

I wanna take a pic of daisys and post them!! Tracy did brodys and they were fab now my baby has her adults hers sparkle too I think it helps get out baby teeth too I had one that wouldn't come out it was loose and my vet just yanked it out

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awesome!!

With my old dogs, I could sometimes pop the tartar off with my fingernail if it was loosened just a little. So if she will let you, you could try that.

This is one of my favorite before and after teeth pics on a raw fed dog. These pics were taken just a WEEK into raw feeding.

RAW diet results!! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
My girls are having wood pigeon for dinner again as I froze a load the bones are really flexible so they have to chew for ages to get through it that may help

I've compared daisys teeth to a non raw fed dog who's 14 months the difference is amazing his teeth are disgusting he's getting neutered tomorrow (after I basically told my friend she's asking for trouble long story lol) anyway he's having a dental same time and she's gonna feed 4 rmbs a week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts