Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Just pm a mod and let them know you'd like it deleted.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I don't pay for anything. CP has never asked me for any money. I wish you would give this forum a chance. It's a fun and very informative place. I'm sort of new too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I will give it a chance, I just for some reason seem to be more drawn to Dogster. I don't really know much about chihuahuas and this forum is all about chihuahuas so I feel I don't really have much to contribute. I just checked out the book "Chihuahuas for Dummies" from the library yesterday.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Do you have a Chihuahua, or plan do get one soon? I just got one a week ago (exactly) and through my research I found this forum and it has been amazing! There is so much to learn, and I know I couldn't have come to a better place to know all I can for my Chi.. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think once you become an active member your inbox capacity increases. Initially I had the one message limit also, but now its $50 and I didnt pay for the elite membership.
Do you have a chi?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw hon that's ok that you don't know much about Chis! Many who join this group don't know anything about Chis but learn from the ones who do and all the awesome advice given! I know a lot about Chis but I STILL learn stuff from this site that I am thankful for! The inbox will get better/bigger once active more I'm sure. I hope you give it another chance! We'd love to have you here and see pics and hear stories of your little baby (or future baby)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, I don't have a Chi, I want one soooo bad! but won't be able to get one any time soon. I need to get a job and once I have a steady job for a while I'll be able to move to Houston with my boyfriend then I can get a chihuahua. I have a cat right now and my parent's won't let me get a dog. ( I still live with my parents).

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Just stay awhile, it may be a very informative place for you to learn about Chi's first hand from chi owners themselves. It may help you in your decision on whether or not Chi's are the right breed for you :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You can have a dogster account too. Most people in this forum, like myself, have a Dogster page. Welcome. I'd love to see pics of your chi, if you have one. This forum has saved a lot of chi lives. I think the reason they limit new members messages is so when they join, they don't quit & keep joining. When I joined, my limit was lifted in no time, I guess because I was so active messaging or something.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I got my first Chi at 16 and I would have loved to have found this site back then =( OR even better BEFORE I got Shayley! I did so so so much research on Chis through the internet, books anything I could read on Chis I wanted to know to become a good Chimom lol I would have LOVED to have this site before I got Shayley!
Glad you found your way here! =) You'll learn a lot!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The inbox increases as your status changes, you don't have to pay unless you want more than 50 messages in your inbox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah ok, that's good to know, yeah I love learning things about Chi's. Its funny, just about an hour ago, on my way home, I saw a guy walking his chihuahua I was like "AWWW Mom look!" hehe She I think used to have a chihuahua when she was younger and apparently hers or her grandparent's or whomsoever it was, was mean so she doesn't really seem to like them as much as I do but she still thinks they are cute.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im glad you decided to stay! I think chis definitely fall into the "misunderstood breed" category, a lot of people have a negative image of them as yappy little lap sharks. When I started looking for my first chi, my fiance begged me not to get a chihuahua, his grandma had a chi mix when he was a kid that was unfriendly, snippy, and noisy so he disliked the breed. Then we got Reese and he is truly the best dog Ive ever owned, and now we have three chis and my fiance is most definitely a chi fan :)
Your own dog will be worth the wait! That was my biggest motivation in getting my own apt after my freshman year of college, I wanted my own dog so badly. Theres a lot of great info here that will help you prepare for having your own dog, and tons of cute pictures :)
Welcome.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

Yes you can be a member absolutely free here and your inbox will increase when you have more posts and are an established member. We have to do this to weed out the people that are joining to advertise only ;-)

I promise you that you will learn tons about Chihuahuas here, I cant imagine there being any people there as knowledgeable about the breed than some of our members ;-) Glad you joined :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts