Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got Delilah from a young girl, 17, that rescued her from the streets. Then Delilah got out of the backyard and got attacked by the girl's two rescued pit bulls and had her pelvis broken. She didn't have any money, but she scraped up enough to see a vet and get advice how to care for her. After 3 months of crate rest and pain medicine when needed, Delilah walks pretty well, she's a little off in the back end, but it doesn't slow her down at all. She's a bit independant and aloof, but does come up a couple times a month to play with my fingers and get some loving. She is BBF with Twiggy, they always share an open crate at night or a dog bed durng the day.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
She's a pretty girl and it looks like she knows it! ;) She is lucky that she survived her incident with the Pit Bulls. Poor girl. Is she afraid of larger dogs now? At least she has a loving, safe home now.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. She was afraid of Bouncer, my daughter's lab/pit mix, when she first came, but he won her over being a big old softy. She ignores him, but he no longer scares her with his bark or running around outside with the little dogs..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts