Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost at the end of my tether with my chi. I just cannot get her to behave at all no matter what I do. Nothing but nothing works. She:

Barks incessantly at anyone
Barks incessantly at practically any noise
Jumps up on my knee then growls if I pet her
Won't obey when told a command
Won't walk on a leash
Seems to be intolerant of just about anything!

I cannot get any these behaviors under control, I'm in the middle of an online training course and she seems to be going even worse. I don't understand how a well bred puppy has gotten these issues. She's barely 18 months old, the thought of having a dog with such extreme behavior for almost two decades fills me with dread. I don't know where I've gone wrong and she doesn't show any sign of improving. Has anybody else had a chi like this?

· Administrator
58 Posts
CC, I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with your little one. Has she been spayed? I am told some will settle down after the surgery. We have a little one who has just been spayed and we can't tell any difference in the way she acts. But our little one is just about the perfect little one. The only bad habit she has is missing the pee pad at times when she can't go out. I wish I had more answers for you.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes she was spayed end of last october. I thought it would have calmed her a little but nope. What's really puzzling me is that her behavior is that of a dog who either missed out on socialization as a puppy ( but she didn't), or a dog from a bad background (which she definitely is not). We did manage a perfectly calm quiet walk on Thursday though so there is some progress.

Part of me is wondering if getting another dog would help as seeing another get rewarded for obeying might encourage her to do the same and perhaps give her more confidence. On the other hand I'm concerned it might well do nothing and either make her worse or even worse still another might copy her and I'd end up with double the barking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts