Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had dental implants? can you give me some idea of the pain afterwards? I will have Sedation so I won't feel anything during the procedure. are there different types of implants that are better that others??
I would appreciate any recommendations/suggestions on the questions i should ask the dentist and anything that will help afterwards....

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Jan i asked about this once,Lynda replied who used to be a dental nurse just found it for you,here you go.

Implants are expensive but great! Best way of replacing a gap, it I had the money I would not hesitate in getting it done. We are doing implants now as kinda 'routine' treatment its becoming much more popular. Over the years its has become a much more straightforward treatment and you should have no more post-operative pain than after getting an extraction and during the procedure you will have plenty of local anaesthetic. Sometimes we even place the implant on the same day as the extraction.

We do it so that the implant is placed and a temp crown is placed over it and then once the implant has intergrated with the bone (5-6months) the final crown is placed.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We do it so that the implant is placed and a temp crown is placed over it and then once the implant has intergrated with the bone (5-6months) the final crown is placed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts