Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted awhile back about my fear of the dentist..Today was my first appt for my deep cleanings. I expected it to be awful & was scared to death to go but I went & let me tell you it was way worse than I had expected!!! The actual deep cleaning wasnt all that terriable but the last part where he uses this laser thing to go under your gums is awful...Im now in sooo much pain I feel like my face is going to fall off. I had to get 4 injections of numbing stuff too. Ive got 3 more of these appt..I sooo dont wanna go back!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Awwww but think about how good your mouth will feel!!! My bf hasnt gone to the dentist since a kid I made him go last year finally since he has coverage he had to get deep cleaning too in 4 sessions they did a section at a time but I don't think they used a laser.... I love the dentist my teeth are so white and clean after I wish I had coverage to go :( it's $150 just for a cleaning here!

·
Registered
768 Posts
ouch!! poor u, i also hate the dentist!!
I am very lucky though as im nearly 26 and i havent had anything done to my teeth ever, not even a filling :) I hope it stays that way 4 ever!!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had no clue about the laser part when I went but was freaked about it once I heard it was comming. Apparently after the cleaning they use the laser to go under your gums & it helps reattach them

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
oh, sorry it was so awful for you :( . i never had to have a deep cleaning before, so i have no idea what that is like at all. i just go for my regular cleanings 2 times a year and i dont like the poking and scraping but it's really not that bad at all. i have an appt coming up next month for a little filling and i dread going but i will go anyways.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Once it is done you'll be better off for it. Really problems in the mouth can lead to all kinds of trouble---just like in pets. hahaha...

Sorry, hope now that the shock of it all is done the next few proceedure will be a breeze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts