Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been exactly 1 yr & 3 months since Ms. Hannah under went surgery for 3 mammary gland tumors ( all malignant carcinomas)and now today are beautiful little girl (that we haven't had even 2 full yrs yet) will once again be under going surgery for a new tumor on Tuesday Nov 22nd. There was a less the 1% chance of the cancer coming back. Although, we knew it could happen my husband and I were not ready for the news today when we took Hannah to the vet's to check the lump we found on her last night. Like last time it came up quick (many here will recall the first 2 came up quick last time and with-in 7 days she had a 3rd the day of her surgery). It is fully attached to her nipple but further down on her tummy this time. It is about 1/2" long,thick & discolored, but so far not causing any discomfort(they didn't last time either). At this point she is on high dose antibiotics until surgery, we have increased her daily vitamin dose to strengthen her immune system as much as possible and preparing for what is to come. Friday we are taking her back for a recheck and picking up pre-op instructions and then we will be anxiously awaiting for next Tuesday. Given her history we did ask the vet point blank if he thinks she will make it through the surgery ok and he said he believes she will, but of course there are no guarantees given her age and the circumstances. Needless to say, I was crying all the way home and my husband was beside himself...like our whole world was ripped out from under us and Hannah. It just seems so unfair that her second chance/ new lease on life could be in jeopardy of being taken way from her. There isn't anything we haven't done including home cooked diets, vitamins, consistant blood work and check-ups etc etc etc plus all the TLC & spoilings a dog could ask for and yet this happens. I just can't stop asking myself why our Hannah. Sorry I am rambling now!

The irony of all of this is that about 2 months ago I was posting on Facebook and here about the fact Hannah had been tumor/cancer free for 1 yr and that once again I wanted to thank everyone who donated to,prayed for Hannah's recovery and followed her progress. I had also posted this recently : http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chi-chat/64506-november-pet-cancer-awareness-month.html *makes me feel like I jinxed her.:(

Anyway, I am asking everyone here once again for prayers and lots of them. I firmly believe all the prayers Hannah received the 1st time is part of the reason why she made a full recovery. Not to mention her excellent vet and lots and lots of round the clock care at home...which we are fully preparing for again. Surgical recovery will take 3-4 weeks and biopsy results will take 7-10 days which is also when her stitches should be able to come out. I will update everyone as everything progresses. Thanks for listening and as always thanks for being here.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
oh no! not little Hannah Banana! she's such a sweet little Chi and spreads such
Sunshine everywhere she goes. this is just not fair :sad5:
Please keep us posted and know that you and Hannah are in my thoughts and prayers
for a full recovery.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm so very sorry about the awful news. :(
I wish little Hannah a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
I will keep her in my thoughts. HUGS to you, and a kiss to your little girl.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
You and pretty little Hannah has all my prayers for a smooth surgery and a fast recovery. You didn't jinx her, it's just that these things happen. *big hugs*

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sorry to hear such bad news Laura. I know how much you and Ralph love her and cherish her. She is lucky to have you and to have had such wonderful care. I am confident that the vets will take great care of her. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Hang in there sweetie, she's got the best parents and an amazing following. We will be praying and sending all the love and good thoughts that we can. She is one special little girl and we just need another little miracle for her. We are all here for you honey.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Laura, I am truely so sorry. I will be sending prayers for a positive outcome and many (((((HUGS))))) to you. Please keep on posted on sweet little Hannah

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sending an immense amount of healing vibes from both Bijoux and myself we are praying for her

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
:sad: You're in my thoughts & prayers! I know exactly what you're going through! Did this with Shayley last year. It's so stressful and scary. I wish the best for your sweet girl.

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
Ohhhh Laura hunni so sorry to hear this I will be saying lots of prayers for miss Hannah (((hugs)))to you both xxx

·
Premium Member
5,274 Posts
Lil' Ms. Hannah,
I understand all about Cancer... I have had it twice ... it is 'beatable'...stay positive, GF....

keep us informed.... we all love Ms. Hannah on here!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts