Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So FILA hasn't been to the vet yet (it's at 4pm today). I just noticed while playing with her today that she still has one of her back dew claws! I didn't even notice it when I clipped her nails.

It's barely there, and held on by a flab of skin. I think the other one has been ripped off since I feel a knob on the other side. Should I get it removed? It's very floppy and I'm afraid it'll snag on something!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Is it in the back you said ? Is there a nail on it or just the soft part ? I think with no nail it should be okay. If she is going in to be spayed I'd ask the vet what they think of it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Came back from the vet. He said he could just cut it off and put a bandage on it, or if we keep it short, it shouldn't snag. Or he said we could cut if off when she gets spayed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My vet also said she would remove Taco's dew claws when he gets neutered next week. I need to learn to clip his nails cause they are too long but I'm chicken. Any advice?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh, I just get a real good grip on her, hold her head back with my neck so she wont try to bite at the clippers and clip :) I only take a little bit off...Just a real firm grip I guess...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I just keep them as short as possible. I file them all down every week with the pedi-paws. I do have to hold him wrapped in a blanket...and no he is not a fan of nail-care....I try to be fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts