Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol he keeps giving me different responses each day...a different way of saying NO!

(here's some chicken wings with a sprinkle of garlic sauce. forgive me for not being able to take all the skin off...no matter how hard i tried i just couldn't do it.)

bleh!!!! you want me to try this again?

another sad night for me. just look into my eyes mom...i waited all day for you to come home, dont you think i deserve something better?

please...if only i could be that big...i would cook yummies

(right after we were staring at each other) LOL...sigh

(bought a notebook after work, wanna keep track of dexter's vet/food info) looks big in this pic, but it's about the size of a hand and half? LOL

will try to give the chicken again in less than an hour. btw my parents keep thinking he's gonna die from starvation, LOL! :foxes15:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello I don't want to start a stink here but.... Arn't you afraid you will give saminalla to your dogs with raw chicken? I would be scared stiff.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello I don't want to start a stink here but.... Arn't you afraid you will give saminalla to your dogs with raw chicken? I would be scared stiff.
lol bunny. if you do the research i've done....extensive hours and hours googling it says dogs cant get parasites in their system because they have built in repellents that will break it all down :hello1:

fergot to add in: unless they have a weak immune system which dexter doesnt, it can have a chance of harming them. so they ahve to be pretty healthy to do this raw method ;)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Oh noes! Poor Dexter :( Tell him Venus says it's nummy, chicken wings are her favorite :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh wow I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me. Now I can watch you all feed your pets raw food and not cringe.LOL But I think Dexter agrees with me LOL

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh noes! Poor Dexter :( Tell him Venus says it's nummy, chicken wings are her favorite :)
lol venus! okay i think it's about time to try again...oh boy. he is very stubborn, most likely i'll end up with another morning of empty bile puke on my floor

Oh wow I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me. Now I can watch you all feed your pets raw food and not cringe.LOL But I think Dexter agrees with me LOL
you're very welcome. i'm reading the sites brodysmom gave me. it has lots and lots of info this particular page i'm reading is about someones experience that have fed their german sheps raw for yearsssssss. it's actually fun to read with pics! LOL
http://www.krisannriorawfeeding.com/whyfeedraw.htm

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Well Pidge Frankie will not even touch the raw at all. He sniffs it and runs...I have tried everything. Benny enjoys chicken wings with all the skin taken off (this is very difficult) need a sharp knife. He also enjoys any raw meaty beef bone, steak, ribs etc. That's it! Nothing else.
SO he eats a wing at night and some ziwipeak. He will only eat at night. Really funny. He goes all day without eating at all. Just Zukes or 2 and a piece of duck jerky.
He and Frankie are like two opposites. Good luck.

·
Registered
614 Posts
LOL poor Dexter. I feel his pain lol.
Toby loves chicken wings (raw) he also LOVES chicken. But i think its because i started him off young. Hang in there he will get hungry soon enough and eat it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
So glad you aren't givin in Pige! If he wont even touch it after days and days you want want to try a different source (turkey, beef, etc). He could just be iffy about the chicken. I find it so funny that people's dogs turn it down. All the dogs I know and have met personally on raw (a good number) didn't turn down a thing (minus maybe organ)! I feel for you guys with picky dogs...
Halpert isn't a huge fan of organ but he'll eat it. And Phoebe wont eat it cold. But so far thats the most trouble I've come across. Schroeder will eat about anything handed to him (or that he can steal).

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Pidge Frankie will not even touch the raw at all. He sniffs it and runs...I have tried everything. Benny enjoys chicken wings with all the skin taken off (this is very difficult) need a sharp knife. He also enjoys any raw meaty beef bone, steak, ribs etc. That's it! Nothing else.
SO he eats a wing at night and some ziwipeak. He will only eat at night. Really funny. He goes all day without eating at all. Just Zukes or 2 and a piece of duck jerky.
He and Frankie are like two opposites. Good luck.
maybe dexter is like frankie...LOL. mmm dexter loves duck! hehe
LOL poor Dexter. I feel his pain lol.
Toby loves chicken wings (raw) he also LOVES chicken. But i think its because i started him off young. Hang in there he will get hungry soon enough and eat it.
lucky toby! i think dexter was just spoiled with cooked chicken at first lol, more appealing
So glad you aren't givin in Pige! If he wont even touch it after days and days you want want to try a different source (turkey, beef, etc). He could just be iffy about the chicken. I find it so funny that people's dogs turn it down. All the dogs I know and have met personally on raw (a good number) didn't turn down a thing (minus maybe organ)! I feel for you guys with picky dogs...
Halpert isn't a huge fan of organ but he'll eat it. And Phoebe wont eat it cold. But so far thats the most trouble I've come across. Schroeder will eat about anything handed to him (or that he can steal).
eeeek, it's killing me to see him suffer like this when i know it's for the best. but it's not like he's biting me or anything :) im pretty sure he would eat a raw steak but everyone here said he would get a tummy ache if i didnt start him off with chicken or hen first...so far nothing though...boo :( halpert you big dog! im so hungry thinking about food...time to eat some cereal in front of him

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No he wont for sure get sick starting on beef. Schroeder had to start on beef. Just small portions, and you still have to try to get some bone in him. But beef bones are harder than chicken. Chicken is one of the easiest protein sources, has a good meat/bone ratio and is cheap and widely available thats why people start on it. But you can start on basically anything as long as you follow the requirements.
You can even start on premade if you have to. If he'll eat it...

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No he wont for sure get sick starting on beef. Schroeder had to start on beef. Just small portions, and you still have to try to get some bone in him. But beef bones are harder than chicken. Chicken is one of the easiest protein sources, has a good meat/bone ratio and is cheap and widely available thats why people start on it. But you can start on basically anything as long as you follow the requirements.
You can even start on premade if you have to. If he'll eat it...
nope we tried natures variety before. in fact i still have the bag, will have to throw it out sometime soon...wasted $26 LOL. i would imagine steak bone is harder since cows are tuffys compared to chickens! har har :p oh what to do..what to do, to risk steak or not...how much are you supposed to give?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
oh i just love your threads on dexters eating... he sounds like such a character and i really love his eyebrows!!! Hope he starts eating soon

·
Registered
644 Posts
nope we tried natures variety before. in fact i still have the bag, will have to throw it out sometime soon...wasted $26 LOL. i would imagine steak bone is harder since cows are tuffys compared to chickens! har har :p oh what to do..what to do, to risk steak or not...how much are you supposed to give?
off topic (sorry)
pidge - why don't you give the Nature's Variety to a local animal shelter instead of throwing it away? i'm sure they'd be pleased to have it.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
off topic (sorry)
pidge - why don't you give the Nature's Variety to a local animal shelter instead of throwing it away? i'm sure they'd be pleased to have it.
ive thought about that before but i've seen how animal shelters here by me are...not that great. maybe i can give it to my vet? lol...im meeting a new vet this sunday.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh i just love your threads on dexters eating... he sounds like such a character and i really love his eyebrows!!! Hope he starts eating soon
LOL the eyebrows are my bf's fav. he keeps sayin he has russian eyebrows :p and the eyebrows "talk" to him LOL

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
LOL the eyebrows are my bf's fav. he keeps sayin he has russian eyebrows :p and the eyebrows "talk" to him LOL
HAHA its the first thing i noticed i was like OMG the brows are soooo cute!!! Have a feeling Daisy may have little white ones as she's starting to form some now she's getting furrier!!!

Hope he starts eating soon.. am considering feeding Daisy on raw once all her food is finished but gonna chat to my vet first!!!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HAHA its the first thing i noticed i was like OMG the brows are soooo cute!!! Have a feeling Daisy may have little white ones as she's starting to form some now she's getting furrier!!!

Hope he starts eating soon.. am considering feeding Daisy on raw once all her food is finished but gonna chat to my vet first!!!
lol thank you for noticing his silly feature haha! hoping daisy gets it too :D they are just too fun to stare at while ur talking to them lmao

1 - 20 of 20 Posts