Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hai! i want to introduce you to this fascinating crunchy substance mom cut for me :dance:

it's called an apple! not an ordinary apple though...it's called a Honey Crispy Apple and goes for $2.99 a lb at the grocery store :eek:

she even cut her finger peeling the peel off for me, are you okay mommy? :noops:

mmm! i couldn't stop eating it...:drunken:

after that she put some sort of sticky paper on her finger to keep the red liquid from falling off...:| i'm lucky to have her! :compress:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwww............Dexter is adorable and he loves his mommy too.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe thanks guys
pinkchi it's okay he eats healthier than me too. today he had cooked chicken with chopped up carrots my brother made o.o
sinabchis it stung for a bit but it's doing much better now :)
iwac maybe urs will like it too! :) dont ferget to peel off the apple peel though :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know my sister in law's dog a sheltie named Cinnamon eats stuff with lots of fiber like pumpkin, watermelon, she goes crazy over bannanas I can't eat one without her following me. The vet said it was good for her digestive system and even said to give her a table spoon of it a day. I think so at least it could have been more than a table spoon. She so cute too, but she likes to pace and stalk people when they are walking.

My cat ate some peach peeling, though I'm careful since he is small, not really small 10 pounds but still small to me.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very cool Tora-Oni! i haven't tried watermelon or pumpkins yet but i cant wait to see his reaction. maybe there will be another photo thread about it...LOL
that's a pretty small cat my bfs cat is about 25lbs hehe :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
very cool Tora-Oni! i haven't tried watermelon or pumpkins yet but i cant wait to see his reaction. maybe there will be another photo thread about it...LOL
that's a pretty small cat my bfs cat is about 25lbs hehe :eek:
thats pretty cool, I don't mind his weight but I like to keep him in shape, he is chunky cat before now he is average I would say about where I want him. He was 11.5 lbs. Good luck with that, fruit can be delightful in moderation as always. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
aww he looks like hes loving his apples!!!! what a cutie pie

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
How cute :) It seems like he really enjoyed that... However there is one thing to be careful about.... Apples (as well as cherries, peaches, etc) have cyanide in the pits or seeds.... It can be dangerous to feed them to a dog. I thought I remembered seeing that in a thread here, so I looked it up... Here's more info about what they can eat and not eat :)
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/showthread.php?t=11446

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How cute :) It seems like he really enjoyed that... However there is one thing to be careful about.... Apples (as well as cherries, peaches, etc) have cyanide in the pits or seeds.... It can be dangerous to feed them to a dog. I thought I remembered seeing that in a thread here, so I looked it up... Here's more info about what they can eat and not eat :)
http://www.chihuahua-people.com/showthread.php?t=11446
kipbug! thanks for the warning but i have already looked into this and it said "Unlike humans, dogs do not know to stop eating at the core/pit and easily ingest them." i only gave him apple pieces not the whole thing ;) i read into my stuff before i do anything that has to involve my baby ^^

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
kipbug! thanks for the warning but i have already looked into this and it said "Unlike humans, dogs do not know to stop eating at the core/pit and easily ingest them." i only gave him apple pieces not the whole thing ;) i read into my stuff before i do anything that has to involve my baby ^^
Not a problem :) I didn't mean to imply anything by the warning (other than as a heads up in case ppl didn't know) Dexter is a cute little guy, and lucky to have someone cutting up his apples for him :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts