woo woo! i was so excited to make this one! mango is one of dexter's fav fruit
start time = 7:30 pm
end time = 1:00 a.m
total hours = 6 hours
temperature = 135 degrees

here they are sliced up beautifully

yay off you guys go

woohoo all done

here they are. they came out chewy but also full of fruity flavor when you bite inside of it

too bad dexter wasn't in the mood for them tonite...LOL. hes very picky with his fruit days. he rather grab his nutrident treat :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh Dexter you're so lucky having a cook,to do all those nice meals for you.You could get a little buisiness going and sell homemade dog treats etc.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
michele hmmm i was thinkin of that but thats a big risk as i would be to blame if their pup gets sick in any way shape or form. ill have to look into it more
elaine u dont have mangos there? o.o
lol pastel! hes always a poopy but doesnt refuse his chicken jerky
they were good enuff to eat! im givin the bag to the bf today so will let u guys know what he thinks of it :)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww more yummies! :p
How is Dexter doing? Any news?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Not to get you worried...but I thought that mango was not a good food for dogI think you told me that once and it was on some list somewhere of not to be given....can't remeber specifics. Hell I'd eat the mango once they look fabulous Hmmm...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Those look yummy.... I love dried mangos! But.... how did you get them sliced so perfectly!! I always make a gooey mess when I try to cut one up. LOL.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Pigeon, does your dehydrator smell after you do meat in it? When we considered one, we thought once we did meat that would be all we could do in it (especially liver). I love to snack on dried fruit as do the pups, but wouldn't want any leftover meaty funk! :D

Oh, my friend makes me dehydrated star fruit...it is heaven!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I bow down to your mango slicing skills. Whenever I make homemade sushi, I put mango in it, but it's definitely not that neat looking. I think you should post a youtube video of how you did that! Haha. Dexter is so lucky to have all your home made treats! Think I might have to try it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts