temperature dehydrator = 135 degrees

peeled yams

cutup into stick pieces. trays sprayed with veg oil cooking spray

1 hour in

4 hours in

all done!

dexter approved!

happiness

i even tried a piece too and it was good :)
if you want to put more flavor in it u can dip the yams in olive oil and sprinkle a bit of salt before dehydrating :daisy:
some people even said maple syrup is good too :D

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
next thing on my list to try...... thank you for the pics and timetable, it has helped me ALOT in deciding if they items are done.....

how thick are the strips of Yams? 1/2" ??

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next thing on my list to try...... thank you for the pics and timetable, it has helped me ALOT in deciding if they items are done.....

how thick are the strips of Yams? 1/2" ??
hehe welcome jan! i really didnt think dexter would like these as they didnt smell much but i was totally surprised when he grabbed the stick out of my hand and then started chewin on it. hmmm im not sure how thick the slices were but it was basically cut the yam in half and then in half again and cut into the stick pieces if that helps you :)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Yummy yams!!! :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another great idea of a treat :) he seems to enjoy it.

Thanks for posting. More ideas please :D i am getting all excited to try it for my dogs, even if I still dont have a dehydrator lol...will sure get one in the coming days. That is in my plan anyways :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another great idea of a treat :) he seems to enjoy it.

Thanks for posting. More ideas please :D i am getting all excited to try it for my dogs, even if I still dont have a dehydrator lol...will sure get one in the coming days. That is in my plan anyways :)
hehe u can do the oven method too in the meantime. some people prefer that but i dont like leavin my oven on for hours...i would be paranoid! haha ~ welcome! i'll be bringin more ideas :) i might be makin mango slices tonite! yay fruit~ dex loves mango! he never had dried though :coolwink:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the stuff you have made for Dexter sounds yummie. I am looking for ways to eat more friuits and vegetables myself. Do they have to be put in the fridge?
there soooooo many things u can make! u even dry up flowers LOL~
yes they should be put in the fridge after coolin! they need to be kept fresh since theres no preservatives :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts