Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I switched toby to diamond and I see on the chart that it got a b. Does anyone use the lamb and rice formula and if so what do you think of it. I was giving him natural balance and I switched because he wasn't chewing them and they are bigger chunks so I was afraid he would choke. These are very small pieces, but I am not sure if it is as good.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Not to alarm you or anything, but I think the vet that I go to told me something bad about this brand. I think if you google it, it would probably come up. The vet even said that they're probably alot more strict now in terms of how they make the food and stuff, so the vet said that it's probably okay/safe now to use, so like I said don't be alarmed. I would say though that if you can afford it, I would go for a brand that got an A. That's just me though. I know for a fact that there are alot of brands out there that are really high quality that don't cost an arm and a leg. For example, here are some that I think are pretty reasonably priced: Innova, Wellness, Natural Balance, Chicken Soup, Merrick, and personally I use Timberwolf, which is a bit pricey compared to other products, but I think it's well worth it considering that she's really healthy. I think food really does impact overall health, which in the long run may save you some visits to the vet's office.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I agree...the extra money is kind of negligible with a chi anyway...they eat so little.

Innova Adult comes in small bites. I think a small bag is around $8.00. I buy the 15 or so pound one for $24...

Good luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use the diamond in chicken and rice. Its the best food I can get in my area. Its a 45 min drive one way to a petsmart or anywhere who sells the good grade a. I havent had a problem they use no by products and no corn. I have a boxer so the no corn is really important. Also, From what I hear Chicken Soup makes the dimond brand. I spend about 40-60 dollars every two weeks with my five dogs and its been good so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts