1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Yeah..I saw that...I always wonder why people post things like this on Facebook. I am obviously a dog lover but I dont want to see this. If anyone has had to put an animal down, it is one of the hardest things in the world to do. I look at our three girls and I know that day is going to come eventually but I just never want to be reminded about it. I think what these people did is fantastic and its very inspiring but it still bugs me...dont take offense LuLu's mom..its not you, I just dont like to see it. makes me kinda sad

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I absolutely don't take offense! :) If there is one thing this forum has taught me is that this is a great big world full of people with opinion that I couldn't possibly think of if I think of every angle for a month. lol I have had to put beloved animals to sleep and I have lost a beloved animal to an illness so quickly that we had no time to think. There is no way around the heartbreak. What I would have never thought of on my own before being a member of this forum or seeing something like this is that my beloved pet's passing doesn't have to be dictated by the vet but by me! And that if I have the emotional strength to withstand it, I could actually be proactive in making sure I have absolutely no regrets concerning her trip to rainbow bridge. I guess that just means so much to me that I want to share that information with others.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I saw it. I don't cry often, but trust me, I cried like a newborn baby!

I can watch horror movies that are pretty gruesome. I cannot watch a movie where a dog dies. Even if the death isn't shown, just implied. (I will never see Marly and Me) I thought my sister and I were the only ones, but apparently not. There is this website that lets people know if the dog dies in a movie. Does The Dog Die? However, I thought that story was beautiful, and I couldn't look away. The pictures were gorgeous. They told much more than the simple captions underneath.

What I would have never thought of on my own before being a member of this forum or seeing something like this is that my beloved pet's passing doesn't have to be dictated by the vet but by me! And that if I have the emotional strength to withstand it said:
Same here! I never would have thought to do this if I hadn't read that story. No matter what, that day will be awful. It would be nice to have a memory like this to help with the pain of the loss of a furry friend.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
very good point. i thought the story was amazing and I think that when the time does come to have to say good-bye, I want to learn from this and do what I think is best. For our beloved cat that we had for 16 years, when we had to say good bye to him, we chose to be in the room with him and let him know we were there and the vet really made it a horrible experience. We weren't prepared for what would happen and it ripped us apart.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very good point. i thought the story was amazing and I think that when the time does come to have to say good-bye, I want to learn from this and do what I think is best. For our beloved cat that we had for 16 years, when we had to say good bye to him, we chose to be in the room with him and let him know we were there and the vet really made it a horrible experience. We weren't prepared for what would happen and it ripped us apart.
I'm so sorry that happen to you, and that certainly would be traumatic and influence your thoughts on how you view your future experience for your beloved pets. I truly pray that one day in the very far away future this NEVER happens to you again.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Oh, Christie, I can tell you you will bawl your eyes out, but it is so heartwarming to me because it was so obvious that dog was so loved.
I read an article about it and got watery eyes, I swear it was just allergies :) The my husband came in and said you are not allowed to watch it!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Didn't cry, but I did find it very touching to see how loved that dog was. If only every dog could have such a loving family.

Not sure why some people don't want to see it?
I cant speak for everyone but for me its just too sad. Like I said, its a great tribute but im a grown man, I don't cry, I had to put our cat down and i cried my eyes out. Ive only cried one other time and that was for Marley and Me. I'm 100% for celebrating the life's of our animals, but I just don't want my heart yanked at like that. To each his own for sure but that's my reason for not wanting to see it. I skimmed through it very quickly. I guess, and I had said this also, the experience we had was just completely gut wrenching for us and its just too painful.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I cant speak for everyone but for me its just too sad. Like I said, its a great tribute but im a grown man, I don't cry, I had to put our cat down and i cried my eyes out. Ive only cried one other time and that was for Marley and Me. I'm 100% for celebrating the life's of our animals, but I just don't want my heart yanked at like that. To each his own for sure but that's my reason for not wanting to see it. I skimmed through it very quickly. I guess, and I had said this also, the experience we had was just completely gut wrenching for us and its just too painful.
Guess I just don’t get upset by articles like these. I’ve experienced a lot of death, maybe I’m just numb to it. Sorry about your cat though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts