Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callie has not been herself today. Her tummy is making these loud gurgling noises and I don't think she has been to the bathroom since this morning. She isn't eating as much and I haven't noticed her drinking. I've seen her just lie down where she was a couple of times. Then she went to her bed and could not get comfortable. I called the vet and they told me to bring her in at 5:20. Now she's acting fine. Did I jump the gun? :roll:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Perhaps hard to say, they have off days just like us. I say if it goes a full two days then worry....

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think so. You are better to find out that she is fine rather than wish you had. For your own peace of mind, I think you are doing what's right. If you are erring, you are erring on the side of caution and that's always best.

Keep us posted on what you find out, okay?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vet thinks she had a hypoglycemic attack. I think he's right and I can't believe I didn't think of that! :roll: She wasn't eating much and it must have triggered it. I was afraid she had a stick caught in her tummy as much as she and Cody like to eat them. He said to feed her and give her some Nutracal. Duh! :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
SC said:
The vet thinks she had a hypoglycemic attack. I think he's right and I can't believe I didn't think of that! :roll: She wasn't eating much and it must have triggered it. I was afraid she had a stick caught in her tummy as much as she and Cody like to eat them. He said to feed her and give her some Nutracal. Duh! :D
I believe there is a sticky on what to look for regarding that--I am glad your baby is better :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does it hurt to give them Nutracal once a day? Dazey eats so little I worry about her.
Glad Callie is better. I rushed my Collie to the vet thinking he had heart worms because of the sounds he was making and it turned out he had indigestion from eating persimmons! The people in the waiting room got a big kick out of that. They can't tell us what is wrong so we have to take them - right?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Emurr I don't think it will hurt to give Dazey the Nutracal once a day, especially since she is such a picky eater. In fact, I think my vet said yesterday that giving her the Nutracal may actually stimulate her appetite. :?: I can't really remember.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I am so glad she's o.k. I think you know, anyone should know, when it's crucial to call the vet. But it is always better to be safe than sorry. Now you know how to handle it on your on next time. :)
I really ought to go buy some Nutircal for Mikey.

·
Registered
361 Posts
WHEW! I'm glad she is doing better. Give her a kiss from Grizzly & I.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all! :wave: I really thought Callie was one I didn't have to worry about that with. She is normally such a good eater and at a few days shy of 5 mos. weighs 4 lbs! I'll watch her more closely from now on and make sure she is eating. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts