Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about how adding a second dog changed the dynamic. Did the first dog bond more with the second dog than with you? Did their personality change - towards how they interacted with you, and in general (i.e. jealous, less cuddly, less interested in you, etc).

Thanks. :)Would appreciate any and all insight. Would like to get Rudy a sis someday but not at the expense of the bond we have now. He's a great little dog - kinda scared that adding a second will rock the boat?

Please share your experiences. And you can add pics if you want. lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
riley change dramatically when i got layla, he was totally crazy and not lovey dovey and actually kind of mean, layla calmed him down ALOT! he became very cuddley, he also got pretty clingy with me and i couldnt sit at the computer desk without him crying for me to pick him up, and he would cry outside the bedroom door if i was asleep and he wasnt in there for some reason, but when i got liam he became alot less clingy. thank god lol

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I really worried about the same thing when I added Chibi. I didnt want to lose my sweet mama's boy in Yoshi. He hasnt changed at all except for just jealous. If I pet or love on one I have to do so with both ;-) He has become a little more playful with Chibi around and has little spells playing with him. Chibi LOVES his Yoshi :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Baby was the same when we added ninja as far as I can remember shed prefer although to be an only child she doesn't cuddle with the others.

When we added prada ninja fell in love lol they are identical in every way although prada is ninjas daughter she copies everything he does and picked up on all his little games and habits.

Baby is pradas mom but doesn't like her much prada tries to kiss baby and baby growls at her lol

We just added beau everyone gets along with him but bc he's so little he gets trampled during play time ha The pack doesn't play with him much bc they know he's so little

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Hmmm. Something to consider for sure. Sounds like a new addition affected most of the dogs. Can any of you give me some pros and cons to a two chihuahua household? Any regrets?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i have no regrets getting a second :) none at all .
Keona was a bit of a traitor lol she preferred my hubby but since Myami came she now chooses to come to me first before dad haha :) , Myami is a real mums girl :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts