Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Just intrigued to see how many owners bought their pups with papers & KC Registration etc etc..... and NO ENDORSEMENTS!

Mine had everything and was even suprised to see that he has champion bloodlines :) x explains why he is soooo perfectttt! :) x

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Mine both did and also have champions in their line but there are some on this board who did not and their babies are perhaps just as bred to standard looking and as lovely as my girls.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I could have had both of mine with AKC papers, but I didn't want to pay the extra $. I also had no plans to show either of them in conformation, so I didn't see a use for papers. .

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Endorsements are restrictions - Like if you breed the dog its puppies cannot be registered, you cant export the dog, cant show the dog... There are different ones, but the breeding one is most common.

And yes Maisie has KC papers - Need them to show her!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ah, I see. I believe it's called Limited Registration here in the US.

In any event, my border collies are all full registered with no limited registration (or endorsements); my chihuahua is a rescue but she is registered with the AKC through their ILP program so she can compete in their performance events. We have no interest in conformation, we like the action and fun of agility.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My girls do not have papers, or not really bred to standard.. :( But I still love them just the same and they are perfect as they are to me, and as pets, I am not in need of papers and such.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I never recieved any papers when i got chilli...... i was told that they would be forwarded on to me but i never got em! not that it bothered me, hes DL reg not kc..... all chis are perfect in there own sweet lil way:)xx

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I could have had both of mine with AKC papers, but I didn't want to pay the extra $. I also had no plans to show either of them in conformation, so I didn't see a use for papers. .
extra money that's illegal to have to pay extra money for papers!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Nope, none of mine are papered or even within waving distance to being in standard. lol Most of mine are rescues so no idea what there backgrounds are, but I couldn't love them more.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Reputable breeders will have typically some mix of prices:
*Full AKC price (and it involves a much more detailed contract)
*Limited registration price (which is done again, by reputable breeders if, as an example, a female may be projected too small to breed)
*Pet only price (if the baby has perhaps a non-breed standard/conformation issue)-even if the parents are AKC registered and champions.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, both are rescues, and one is a mix, so, no, no papers here...And it doesn't make a bit of difference in how I feel about either of them!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I have one with AKC papers and one without. I also have other breeds that all have papers as well :) The only one it really matters with is the Great Dane I show in AKC conformation. It would have mattered with my LC but his topline was roached so I decided to neuter him. Now it has leveled out...go figure, LOL

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
extra money that's illegal to have to pay extra money for papers!
Yes, this is true. BUT, breeders are fully allowed to withhold "full" papers on whatever dogs/puppies they want. If you are buying a dog with full papers / full registration, the dogs are often more. Not because they have full papers but because the only dogs sold with full papers are worth more, because they are considered show prospects/breeding prospects, etc. and their offspring can be registered with AKC. Hopefully that makes sense?

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Yes, this is true. BUT, breeders are fully allowed to withhold "full" papers on whatever dogs/puppies they want. If you are buying a dog with full papers / full registration, the dogs are often more. Not because they have full papers but because the only dogs sold with full papers are worth more, because they are considered show prospects/breeding prospects, etc. and their offspring can be registered with AKC. Hopefully that makes sense?

Does this mean that what Lion and Penny's breeder did was wrong? She was going to charge different prices for Limited Registration, Full, and no papers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts