Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter was helping prepare dinner and was in charge of peeling some vegetables.
i didn't realise she'd left a bag on the kitchen floor until i heard this odd gnawing noise in the hall.
this is what i saw.

"what have you got?"
"nothing mumma" munch munch.

"nom nom nom"
(i love this photo as you can see just what a gorgeous colour Diefie's eyes are. they match his coat perfectly)

"Noooooo! you can't have my carrot!"

*must eat as much as i can before mumma takes it off me*

sulking.
with his nose squished up against the basket.
hehehe :D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
nooooo the carrrot!! hahaha~ so cute! i rember when dexter used to hold his carrots and munch happily. now he wont eat it unless its diced or shredded -_- dief is lovely!!! i love the last pic, its too cute!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hilarious pics!!! I love the last pic. He is lovin that carrot. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't worry :)
Diefie usually gets a big chunk of carrot to clean his teeth on every other day.
it's one of his favourite treats.
i had to take this one off him as he'd already had his veggie allowance and what might not be obvious is that he'd managed to eat maybe three inches off that carrot.
he's over his sulk now and is sat next to me, occasionally letting off the most rancid smells imaginable!
blech!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww he is so cute getting stuck into that carrot, lol
Adorable boy!!
I love the colour of his eyes too. x

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Awwwwwwwwww..................He is adorable holding the carrot (LOL).

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh my goodness, what adorable pics! He is so handsome, lovely color.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
For a minute there I was a bit confused. I thought I had skipped to the Easter Bunny dress up contest. lol Very cute.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Never thought of letting them chomp on some carrot for their teeth :D
it seems to work well for my dogs :)
they do eat kibble and i do brush their teeth as well but i feel that anything i can give them that will keep them busy, give them a treat and help clean gunk off their teeth all at the same time, is a good thing.

i've just taken some quick snaps of Diefie's teeth.

and one of Stottie as he was eager to get in on the action.

his teeth aren't perfect as his previous owners didn't take much care of him and took no care of his teeth whatsoever.
he had a dental clean and three extractions at the vet's shortly after i got him and that has improved his mouth no end.
there is still some discolouration of his teeth but we'll keep working on keeping his mouth clean.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just be careful of how much you give at first :)
too much makes my pups very windy!
i give them a large washed and peeled piece each. big enough for them to get hold off and too big to swallow so they have to set to and gnaw away.
with it being raw carrot, it just passes straight through their systems and comes out undigested.
it's great as it's low in calories and is non-fat, unlike many of those edible teeth cleaning products on the market and it's cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts