Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about this.

Tango's nails are all the same. Jazz, on the other hand, has one nail on each foot that's black. Also, she has several pink, and several black paw pads, which don't match her nail color.....just fyi. And that doesn't have anything to do with my question, just an interesting factoid lol! :D

Anyway, I've noticed when I'm grinding her nails, that the black ones take a lot longer to grind down than the regular ones. They don't look any thicker, they're not shaped any differently, but I guess they're stronger, because they definitely take much longer to grind down.

Just curious if any of you who have experience doing both kinds of nails have noticed the same thing?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Trigger is the same, Tink! I have to be careful not to grind too long on the clear/white ones. He has one on each front foot (different toe), and 2 on one back food, 3 on the other back foot, that are white, the rest are black. And yes, the black definitely take longer to grind. Weird!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
We use clippers not a grinder (yet!) - and both of mine have one or two black nails, and they also take a LITTLE more effort to cut

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yep as a groomer I've noticed that too the black ones are tougher to clip or grind. Wonder why that is.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy has all White but her pads are funky colours

Lotus has White and like a greyish colour nail the darker ones are a pita

1 - 8 of 8 Posts