Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got about four inches of snow last night, which is up to Digi's neck, so we shoveled a path and put his coat on him.
He did not enjoy it.

Notice that the tail seems to have vanished.

He looks so pathetic, like we abuse him or something, but that's certainly not the case!!! He just doesn't like coats I guess. I suppose any other form of clothing is also out of the question. :D

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Most dogs don't like things the first time or two. Not reason enough to give up,
especially if a coat is needed during inclement weather. You can coax him with
treats and practice putting his coat on and off. Make it a fun, happy time.
He'll warm up to it soon (pun intended)!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Rico will stand on the porch still..not moving...waiting for me to take off the coat, harness and sweater to come into the house !! He has that look sometimes too. Once he is taken out for walkies in that weather he gives it up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, he's well used to it by now. We'll have had him two years in May. :D he's just mopey. :p Eventually, if we don't fall for the 'Life is hard' bait, he'll just forget about it (his memory is has a span of about five seconds) and start trotting around with that signature tail bobbing in the air.
I just thought you guys might like to see the picture. :D Chi's have personalities way bigger than their size, that's for sure. :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
awwww they do that when they're scared!!!! digi you cutiepie LOL. clothes arent bad for u, they keep u warm!! <3

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hiro sticks his head in his harness and sweaters as soon as he sees me coming... he loves clothes...
too cute hiro!
dexter wags his tail happily when i bring out a shirt but not a harness...LOL. whats funny is that he keeps trying to bite my hand off when i try to put his clothes on...silly boy! he loves to go out.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco is fond of his sweatshirt because it means he gets to go. He much prefers to be in his fur coat though.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
He looks so cute... He looks very stiff haha...Zoey does not like clothes either...

·
Registered
793 Posts
My Evian HATES clothes!! i suppose it's because she has all that fur to keep her warm though.. I'm still knitting her a sweater haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Digi hates clothes of all sorts. Well, anything that goes on his body that isn't his fur, for that matter. :tongue3: He's a pretty sweet little guy, ever tries to bite me. Usually he hides either in his crate or in his carrier.
His carrier is basically his dreamland. If he sees us moving around a lot as we get ready to go somewhere (especially if my mom is wearing her clicky high heels!) he runs and hops in, and looks up at us expectantly, like "I'm ready to go!"
:p

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put a sweater on our American Eskimo the other day and you'd have thought someone just strapped her into a straight jacket!!! LOL She wouldn't move a muscle!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell me about it ;) When Digi was still a little widget we bought him a miniscule little fur coat, which he acted the same way in. Somewhere in my moms ancient PC the'res a movie of him when he tried to walk, and he rolled over! All the way, and then he popped back up again. XD
It was hilarious. Next time I have lots of free time I'll search the PC and find it. That thing is so old it takes approximately ten minutes to bring up the email. Not kidding. That's why teh mum got a mac.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts