Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello1:Well, after not having a dog for nearly two decades I recently adopted a LC Chihuahua from a rescue. He is just a lovey little dude although I have no idea what his past is about. The cats are not as enthusiastic but they are coming around. Mr. Dylan likes them more than they like him but the growling and snipping is less common these days.

Dylan was suddenly very ill the last few days due to a raw hide chew toy I got him before Christmas. Wow, I recommend NEVER offering a dog (especially a small breed) one of those, ever!! Thrilled to say he has really improved and will likely make a complete recovery.

I have read many threads on this site and found them quite informative. Good advice found here for handling a breed I have not been too familiar with in the past. Look forward to finding much more help here real soon!! :hello1:

Dylan's Mo-mo,

Kristine

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hi Kristine, and welcome to chi ppl.
Would love to see some pics of Mr Dylan
Good to hear he is on the mend, did the
raw hide get stuck in his throat?
I dont give them to honey mainly cause
she wont eat them but I have brought
them in the past but she refused to eat it!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome to you and to Dylan! Congrats on your new boy. I second the request for pics :)
What happened with the rawhide? A lot of us here use bestbullysticks.com to buy chewies for our guys. Bully sticks are a healthy chew for them and are much less expensive from their site vs in stores. I would also recommend the lamb ears, easy on their tummy and mine really like them.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your little guy!...As for chewies, my Draco just LOVES merrick flossies.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hiya, i commented on your Dylan as you know on your page, but just want to offically welcome you here too. lol
He is a real cutie and am glad to hear he is doing better now too.
Look forward to lots more pics aswell. x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts