Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some vaginal discharge coming from bella. Its like a milky yellow color and i dont think its normal because none of my dogs have ever had it before. Is it an infection and what kind do you think it is? I am taking her to a vet asap but i just wanted to know if any of you have had this problem before. Oh and she is 18 weeks old.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Does it smell? If it does, its more then likely a yeast infection. The vet will likely give her antibiotics if it is.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when you take her to the vet bring in a fresh urine sample, it's hard and tricky to do a urine catch but it beats having them take it out from the bladder with a needle ;) good luck and keep us posted. :wave:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no it doesnt smell, i didnt know dogs could get yeast infections. She doesnt seem to be in any pain or discomfort either. How am i supposed to get a urine sample? Just wait for her to go and try to catch it with a cup or something? I do NOT want them to put a needle in her!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
ilovekeiki said:
no it doesnt smell, i didnt know dogs could get yeast infections. She doesnt seem to be in any pain or discomfort either. How am i supposed to get a urine sample? Just wait for her to go and try to catch it with a cup or something? I do NOT want them to put a needle in her!
what i like to use is a styrofoam plate (cut real small) and hold the container to one end and when you see her squat to pee put one end under her so the pee flows down to the container.... lol these pics are with a tuffed yorkie dog. you will cut the plate down a lot so you could get it under her when she pees but you get the idea of things lol...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol great pics! Ok, ill try! How much should i get? As much as i can? This is gonna be interesting, i will keep ya guys posted! Thanks!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
a full pee if possible. and it should be as fresh as possible too so don't get it at night then take it in the morning. get it in the morning put it in a sealed (clean) container put it in the fridge, get yourself dressed and ready and then take it in by mid morning. they only need a few cc's to run tests on, but it's best to collect as much as you can, just in case they spill some or want to run more tests. (that's why i think morning urine is your best bet cause there is always more of it) but tell them it's the morning urine or first pee of the day so they can expect it to be very concentrated.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
a full pee if possible. and it should be as fresh as possible too so don't get it at night then take it in the morning. get it in the morning put it in a sealed (clean) container put it in the fridge, get yourself dressed and ready and then take it in by mid morning. they only need a few cc's to run tests on, but it's best to collect as much as you can, just in case they spill some or want to run more tests. (that's why i think morning urine is your best bet cause there is always more of it) but tell them it's the morning urine or first pee of the day so they can expect it to be very concentrated.
ditto. in urinary analysis, they look for mainly four things: crystals, excessive bacteria, red blood cells, and white blood cells, and different combinations of those things point to the likely source of the problem. So good luck, and I know everything will go well! :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
TareG said:
luv4mygirls said:
ditto. in urinary analysis, they look for mainly four things: crystals, excessive bacteria, red blood cells, and white blood cells, and different combinations of those things point to the likely source of the problem. So good luck, and I know everything will go well! :)
they look for protien in the urine as well :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts