Chihuahua People Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been crunching numbers and the gas alone looks like it will cost more then $700. Add in the hotel rooms and food for me and my daughter and the fact they will all have to go to the vet upon arrival, I don't know if I can swing it. I am so disappointed I could cry.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Have you considered creating a Chip-In account to raise the money?? I just found out about it earlier this week as it was recommended to me as a fundraising website. You can post the link on various forums/networking sites and people can make donations through PayPal for whatever the cause may be.

I only recommend it because we created an account with them for a dog who needed surgery on his heart; and within 6 hours thanks to some incredible, amazing people we had what we needed to fund his surgery. It was just heartwarming. With any fundraising effort I do suggest being willing to give as much information as possible; as I'm sure people have tried taking advantage of good people using the site. We are still updating our page and will do so even after the operation to make sure his donors know exactly where their money is going!

Just a thought!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at it. I think I will try it out. I hadn't changed my Paypal account over to the one I have at the new bank, so it will take 2 to 3 days to confirm my account. I had wanted to leave next week, I could set this up and hope it raises enough to reinbursse the amount I will be spending. Just hope it comes through for me.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Lol, we must've been writing at the same time. Anyway; if you just have to change the bank info within Paypal I would think that you could still meanwhile set up the Chip-In page and still link it to your PayPal account/email address. As far as I know, it won't matter what account it is linked to until you actually withdraw the funds. The funding just goes to your PayPal Account; you'd still have to manually go into PayPal before transferring the money to your bank account.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one, but I had to change it from the bank account I used to have to the one I have now.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Please make a separate post when you get it set up... I would hate to see it get lost in posts and not seen by everyone....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please make a separate post when you get it set up... I would hate to see it get lost in posts and not seen by everyone....
Ok, I will. And thank you all for the support, I appreciate you all so much.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I agree with the others. See, we can all just contribute (even it all we can do is a little amount because it all adds up) and if for some reason you choose not to or cannot make the trip, we know that you would donate the money to a rescue organization so there is no risk to anyone. It is still a win for animals in need and who does not have a buck or two for that??

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Would it be appropriate if those who did want to make a donation; sent her a pm and got the link from her that way? Then she's not actually soliciting; it would be the other way around where people who saw this post; and are requesting to donate could contact her instead? Just a thought. Not trying to get around the rules or anything; just trying to help promote this.
Pam, if you create the link I would be happy to post and encourage folks to share it on my facebook. Networking sites such as FB are what helped with our cause. Good luck!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
As Michele said, Please read rule # 9

9. We do not endorse fundraising for individuals on this site and we do not want the site utilized to aid collecting funds - This is to protect individuals from fraudulant members. We all think we know each other and trust each other but this is the Internet and it is very easy to take advantage of people

Any links listed for fundraising will have to be taken down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.