Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sitting in the kitchen today and my mom tells me that my dad found a mouse in peanut and jellys bag of food!! so me being the way i am took the whole bag and threw it out..just to be safe incase it pooped or peed in there..my dad said he saw the bag moving and thought something was just leaning on it then he opened it and saw a mouse..it was teeny though he said. but atleast we have another bag sitting around...i told them not to put the food in the garage because it's always open!! :lol:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yuck :pukeright: I have my own mouse story... We just found one in our laundry room (where I keep the dog food).

I was wondering how I was going to set traps with Mo around...but ended up I didn't have to. The silly mouse ran into the washing machine and ended up drowning in the tube that feeds the water into the machine. I opened the washer to put it in the clothes in the dryer and there was his little tail hanging down :shock: Removing it was a nasty chore. My husband owes me one (he can't stand bugs, lizards, mice, etc.., so I'm the pest control person :roll: )

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in some dog food containers to keep the little vermin away.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put some of the new bag of food in 3 plastic containers with lids that their milkbones came in :) so no rodents are getting in there hehe...it just sucks because it was a large bag of food that wasnt opened that long ago..so that was a waste of money that i spent :( well not really a waste since it was for them but i'm still mad. STUPID MOUSE! :evil:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ick I would have thrown it out to just to be safe. I also keep Auggies food in a plastic tupperware container. I recently bought him some liver treats that after about 5 days had bugs in them Yuck. I was really glad they were in an airtight container :shock:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's scary how much Rachael and I are alike. I keep Cooper and Oma's foods in plastic containers as well. I even got all artsy and painted them with their names and little do-hickeys so I could determine which food was which without having to taste it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I got one of those plastic containers at Walmart for the bows... Well, that is what the container said on it... It has a locking lid and a handle.. IT is big enough for all his food and treats... boy I need to clean it out because we have about 10 cans of food that he won't eat... I am goign to donate them to the animal shelter.....

It is nice because we know exactly where all his treats are and when I take him to my moms with me all I have to do is grab the container and go...

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
yea i also have moka and jems' food in pretty paw print jars.
we are haveing issues with mice now in my apt. b/c we live on the ground floor and theres woods behind us.
anyway, jemini is soooo nasty we had a mouse on a sticky trap( which i might say is a very nsty way to cacth a mouse!) and she gets up from going outside and i was in the kicthen getting her food ready went back outside to get moka and something said "RUN BACK INSIDE"

do you guys know this little wicth, :evil: was try'n to pull the mouse OFF the stcky trap!!! so now she's STUCK to the trap as well! i'm so had to get some one to get her off b/c as much as i love her i just couldn't touch it at that minute. it was just too nasty. so after she was unstuck

she gave me these eyes like "i won't touch it agian mom!"
so i thought she learned her lesson! but man was i wrong
me and moka fell asleep around 1pm today and i had just sadi to moka where is jemini?! i know she's doing sometthing! :roll: as soon as i said that her she come bolting in the room!

LOL with a sticky trap on her nose!! :laughing8: :laughing3: oh my god i couldn't stop laugh'n!as i was claming her down so i could take it off with baby oil. she was cry'n and i was telling her that's why she should keep her nose out of things that aren't hers!!!(or mine) :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
omg, i would freak if i saw a mouse ANYWHERE...let alone in my babies food!!

i also keep Chico's and my kitties food in containers. i bought 2 of the Vittle Vaults from Petco. They're air tight containers and they keep the food as fresh as it was the day you bought it, which is great because it takes Chico almost a month to go through a bag of food. It also keeps out water, bugs, etc. My husband was kind of mad when he found out how much I paid for them, but it was worth it :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts