Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on Friday and she is doing well. Took her in at 7am. They called me at 1030am, I thought something was wrong as they said if I didn't hear back by 2pm to call them. She was awake and ready to go home. They said they never had a dog wake from surgery so fast. They said she was very loud when she woke up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to get her spayed because she had a hernia when she was 6 weeks. They were concerned with intestinal strangulation. The first vet I took her too said he never knew of this type of hernia (Inguinal hernia) repairing itself. I just pushed it back in a couple times and before she was 2 months old, it was completely gone. I went to a vet who specializes in these type of surgeries. She made sure it was gone while she did her spay. The other vet was going to refer me to another vet and said it would cost about $1500. Kinda had a feeling he was looking at my wallet because of all the other costs I endured with other visits. Dixie is my shadow and I'm sure when she woke up, she was determined to stay awake till she saw me. We took a trip to a lake last week and were gone all day, long ride to and from also. She hardly slept. PICTURES IN MY ALBUM I'm glad it's overwith. Tonya, the best thing to do is if you're going to do it, get her done ASAP before she goes into heat. And get references from other chi owners in your area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts