Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got her a toy for Christmas that you can put treats in several compartments and they learn to open them. Well Dixie caught on very fast. So fast now, she has learned to open the remote box on the ottoman. Marc can't leave his goodies in there anymore.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Now I'm going to teach her how to put her toys back in the basket. She has so many.
If you figure that one out, let me know how you did it!

I have been cleaning all day and I found toys in places only a Chihuahua owner could imagine.

Theirs are all in a sturdy laundry basket in the corner of the den - I tried with cutesy wicker baskets but for some reason Gracie has a fetish for eating wicker. They turn the laundry basket over on it's side every 5 minutes and dig for something that was in the bottom, throwing toys all over the place. I've tried minimizing the toys, but everytime I go through them I think about how much one of them likes that one, and nothing ever goes in the trash, even though many of them look like they've been run over by a lawn mower!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here, Dixie use to chew on her wicker basket...I think to get my attention as it's in the same room I keep my laptop. I can train her. I just need more time. I was a groomer for many years and I trained my regular big dogs to either get the top part of themselves up to the tub or table so I could push their back ends in LOL. My moms poodle knew every trick I could think of teaching her when I was a kid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.