Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I broke down and ordered a DNA test for little Pico! :hello1:
I got a $10 off coupon from Wisdom Panel and that's all the encouragement I needed! It will go out tomorrow morning.
Pico was very cooperative (especially considering that oral meds bring out his demon side) and I got a good 30 second sample. Hopefully we'll find out if the little guy is a Chiweenie or a Chimuttley...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aw thats so exciting! I can't wait for the results... I love these DNA tests!! If I had the extra money I'd do one for Kahlua... I have no doubt of her lineage but she's not pedigreed; so therefor there's ALWAYS a chance that some other little dog got thrown in a few generations back lol.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
can't wait ot find out

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Good luck :) Let us know what it says for sure!

I got a free one from a promotion back when I got my first show dog. I decided to try it out on him (his DNA is verified with AKC as are his parent's, so I'm certain he is from HIS PARENTS lol). He was around 11 weeks when I did it, and it came back that he was a dachshund x corgi x brussels griffon. Uhhhh wtf? He's now an AKC champion...too funny, right!?

Not sure that DNA tests are very accurate. But they can be entertaining for sure!!

Here's a brief blog article on DNA testing... - Terrierman's Daily Dose -

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Good luck :) Let us know what it says for sure!

I got a free one from a promotion back when I got my first show dog. I decided to try it out on him (his DNA is verified with AKC as are his parent's, so I'm certain he is from HIS PARENTS lol). He was around 11 weeks when I did it, and it came back that he was a dachshund x corgi x brussels griffon. Uhhhh wtf? He's now an AKC champion...too funny, right!?

Not sure that DNA tests are very accurate. But they can be entertaining for sure!!

Here's a brief blog article on DNA testing... - Terrierman's Daily Dose -

Hahaha omg!!! That is quite the combo lmao

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is exciting! I know of a champion American Staffordshire Terrier whose results came back that she was quite the mix. There was also no question of her lineage. I think it is a mixed science since all breeds come from selective breeding in different directions from either wolves or dogs who were bred from wolves. This would say that there have to be overlapping genetic markers in all breeds. It is interesting to see what the results would be though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts