Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our chi has really small dainty paws, I often see other dogs who's owners say they are full chi's but there paws are huge almost like a jack russels paws and the shape of their face looks more jack russell, I am just wondering if there are chi's with really large paws or should they be dainty.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Full bred chis come in all shapes and sizes, so I would imagine their paws would, too. Smoke has some big honking paws, Gonzo has tiny petite ones. Both are full blooded chis.

·
Registered
483 Posts
roxi has got tiny paws but the other day i met another chihuahua the other day and she was younger than roxi (6 months old) and she was twice the size of her and they are both full pedigree chis. i think it depends on th esize of the mum and dad

·
Registered
86 Posts
Annie has really dainty paws too...

Breed standard says chihuahuas are supposed to be 6 lbs or under... I can't imagine their paws could be too big if they are breed standard chihuahuas, but of course there are chi's out there that aren't standard for their breed.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My boys have bigger paws than my girls, if you're comparing them size-to-size. But they also have very different builds. I have two pups that are 3 lb 10 oz, and the boy has much bigger paws than the girl. He's the one I am showing and is built very "correctly". He'd look silly w/ smaller paws, but my girl would look silly w/ bigger ones, so I really don't know!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
All of my Chi's have tiny paws.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tango and Jazz have very delicate looking paws and feet. Jazz's are slightly bigger than Tango's, which makes sense because she's half a pound bigger than him.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If I remember correctly, all your chis are tiny, so that makes sense! ;)
Yep. :lol: Tiny paws for tiny babies. :) I just adore their baby feet. :daisy:

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey has very dainty paws and skinny legs not the cobby type.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ryder has teeny paws, but he has a little chi friend that lives close that is about the same size and him with quite big paws for such a wee little guy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The cobby body chi's have more of what I would call a boxy shapped paw. Willow is a cobby and hers are like that. Ivy and Fern, are 3 lbs and have THE teeniest feet ever. Super narrow and dainty, I would say the size of my pinky finger.

Lori

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bella has "medium sized" paws on long legs for her little 5-pound body. Her paws are white and look as if she's wearing white sneakers. :D Bella is 100% tomboy - athletic and runs fast like a race horse.

Lina has small paws and skinny legs for her 4.5 pound size. She is a dainty little princess in a chihuahua body. :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco has very skinny long legs and tiny little paws. I used to worry about them, they are so fragile.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender has tiny, dainty little paws and everyone comments on them. No one ever asks if she's a boy or a girl. She is a very girly little girl at 5.5 pounds with a long, flowing coat and gorgeous plumed tail.

Jeanette

1 - 20 of 21 Posts